Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 14th July 2012

Thanked 1,491 Times in 1,442 Posts
Liked 4,101 Times in 1,856 Posts
MALE STRIP SHOW (Ladies over 80 not admitted)

Serious in-depth Photography demands Total Dedication & Immersion in your assignment.

Braving Crocodiles, Water Snakes and Wangaratta Water Moccasins requires the utmost strength of character, fortitude and dedication.

Familiy geneologist and understudy, Salina Riley, chronicles the heroic event for posteriority

Braving rising floodwaters, treacherous undercurrents and bottomless sinks, your intrepid photojournalist puts duty before comfort or personal safety.

The saga was captured with an E-PL3 + SWD12-60mm and an E-3 + 50-150mm kit lens - CS3 processing.

Neither icy water nor biting wind will chill the spirit, or make any cooler, this Daddy Cool.

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
Old 14th July 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: MALE STRIP SHOW (Ladies over 80 not admitted)

This did make me giggle.
Old 14th July 2012
Codger

Liked 104 Times in 45 Posts

Thank goodness you kept your hat on

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 14th July 2012

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Crikey

... Mark swimming IN WINTER

... ... ... ... It sure has warmed up over there in Aus ?

What a laugh you and Selina shared ! ... LOVE the EXPLORER and Dedication in you Mark ... Selina presents us with GREAT SHOTS of her dad ... is she going to "Market" you (great shot, stripped off, showing tanned and toned body and FIT for DUTY ... for on line dating)

You are Brave, Thanks for Sharing !
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 14th July 2012

LMG, Steve and Chevvy, thanks to you each and all for peeking!

This was very much an impromptu fun stunt that began in collusion with daughter Salina who has a wicked sense of humour. We were checking how much more the river had risen overnight which led to us considering how the rise could best be shown.

I suggested that gum boots might get me far enough out in the water to get a good picture. But it soon became clear that I would need trout fishing waders to get far enough away from the bridge for a good camera angle. The solution was obvious but involved me stripping down to my jocks, then Salina suggested that for effect I go the full monty .. ... well an inherent modesty and forum decorum forbade that I go quite that far!

I don't know about online dating, Chevvy, you are taken and the one time I tried it you could say that I got badly burnt!

Old 14th July 2012

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts

See? I KNEW it doubled as a seasonal swimming pool!

Marvelous fun, Mark!

My photoblog: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/blog
My gallery: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/

My book on Viovio
Old 14th July 2012

Liked 21 Times in 5 Posts

Why is this in the Looking for Improvement section???

My photoblog: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/blog
My gallery: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/

My book on Viovio
Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
LMG, Steve and Chevvy, thanks to you each and all for peeking! ... The solution was obvious but involved me stripping down to my jocks, then Salina suggested that for effect I go the full monty .. ... well an inherent modesty and forum decorum forbade that I go quite that far!

I don't know about online dating, Chevvy, you are taken and the one time I tried it you could say that I got badly burnt!
Peeking at YOU in your Jocks - NO WAY ! ... took in the view ...

I cannot imagine what "on line" dating experience brings with it ... friends who do stats say more than 50% of those registered are in a relationship - so two timing, wanting extra SEX or FUN or both with no committments ! Ergo common decency would prohibit any thoughts ... as I want no more of either and one relationship is one too complex from me

the ONE photo album
Old 15th July 2012

Liked 129 Times in 69 Posts

Thanks for posting and respect, Dude!

@ Chevvy: what, you want 'no more' fun?
Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathrine Spikkerud View Post
See? I KNEW it doubled as a seasonal swimming pool! Marvelous fun, Mark!
Why is this in the Looking for Improvement section???
Why not, I am always open to suggestions, Cathrine ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
Peeking at YOU in your Jocks - NO WAY ! ... took in the view ... I cannot imagine what "on line" dating experience brings with it ... friends who do stats say more than 50% of those registered are in a relationship - so two timing, wanting extra SEX or FUN or both with no committments ! Ergo common decency would prohibit any thoughts ... as I want no more of either and one relationship is one too complex from me
I am sure you are phishing for more information, a defence or confession, Chevvy.

In a registered relationship I am as faithful as a drover's dog and have never two-timed anyone. But once, between marriages, I sought a new partner online and met an American lady whose fare I paid to Australia - it was a costly mistake. End of story. #

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dorn View Post
Thanks for looking, Colin.

Old 15th July 2012

Liked 870 Times in 308 Posts

Blimey Mark there's dedication

Olympus equipment (mainly)
Capture One Pro
My flickr
Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dorn View Post

@ Chevvy: what, you want 'no more' fun?

Well, If you knew me better - you too would know I have LOTS OF FUN in my life ...

My Nick (DH not married); my dogs (well Mr Huggy Henry is MINE and I share Nicks Mr Senna) who I took out sea swimming only last Friday at Hayling Island Dogs beach then for or a good walk along the beach out with swimming and back along the Wild scrubland (no swimming and to dry the dogs off) ; my England and my local Countryside and all its glorious Wildlife ... Photography for me

Then FUN fulfillment in Educating a few under 8 years children to "Be Enthusiastic Learners" and "Independent" and "Kind, Nice & Gentle" young people ; Delivering these children AWESOME Learning Experiences which mean my days work is a picnic at Janesmoors Pond, Nr. Brook in the New Forest; walking in the Forest - Exploring all forms of Wildlife by animals and Humans (litter and lack of respect of the environment ...) Climbing Trees; playing hide n' seek; using our Porta Potti (for outings in the Viano Boot - for standards of hygiene to be maintained ) and Porta wash basin ; Racing our 6 remote control Sea Craft (Lifeboat; Pirate Ship; Hovercraft; My Yacht; two Stealth boats and one offshore Speedboat) ; playing various games about the picnic rugs area - observing and being kind and getting to know the animal inhabitants (ponies; donkeys; cows; sheep and pigs to name a few) - of the Pond (Fish and Dragonflies & Damselflies) and Water plants - mainly Water Lilies ; Riding Bikes and Sit n' Ride toys and playing ball games ... (from the trailer of toys we tow in our trailer) for the day ... Living and having FUN in our Countryside means these children LOVE it, Value it and shall develop a WANT TO PRESERVE IT as they respect it and all it brings them

THE Venue may be @ New Forest or Hayling Island Beach where collecting shells to bring home and even make Jewellery for Mums (using a tiny handrill for the holes and Playdough to hold the shell still (for the child to drill) ; or West Wittering where the tides goes out so far, we dig sand and make a "whiole housing Estate" as in Shreek then wait for the tide to come in (while we eat and babes nap) and then Jumping in ans swimming or paddling from the groynes ; Rock pooling is fun too : or it may be Fort Nelson and Cannons and Pirates then down to the Portsmouth Dockyards to see Warrior and Discovery REAL pIrate ships (all linked to vital HISTORY); or Aldershot Military Museum, riding in Tanks :eeK, taking a picnic lunch and then tour the Musem ... or any National Trust property ... Marwell Zoo ... Roman Palace remains ... Museums and Castle Ruins - the Round Table in Winchester and the History of The Knights of the Round Table ... so many places in a year to visit ...

ooh! I missed out Riding one of our Motobikes (one of us rides a Ducati out and the other ride the Duke back ) ,,, and I must add Photography as we have EVIDENCE of all this fun - and thats in a days WORK imagine what its like here on outings without the children we care for ?

the ONE photo album
Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
... I am sure you are phishing for more information, a defence or confession, Chevvy.

In a registered relationship I am as faithful as a drover's dog and have never two-timed anyone. But once, between marriages, I sought a new partner online and met an American lady whose fare I paid to Australia - it was a costly mistake. End of story. #

Thanks for looking, Colin.
Mark, not phishing, just a "fun" throwaway remark ... What anyone does in their personal life, is just that - Personal!

BUT I do so love your honesty and Integrity and most of all, your love of life and fun ! ...

ps kinda reminds me of getting Nicks Speedo's off last year on holiday ... and my naked thread on him ... all modesty maintained professional as your good self which all goes to prove we can have a lot of fun - thousands of miles apart - with millions of voyers ... some of whom will comment, BUT ALL will have a few chuckles and grins - and it makes the world a better place, for us all, eh Mark ?

the ONE photo album
Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greytop View Post
Blimey Mark there's dedication
Do you mean to my spouse/s, or to my art, Huw !

Old 15th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
Mark, not phishing, just a "fun" throwaway remark ... What anyone does in their personal life, is just that - Personal!

BUT I do so love your honesty and Integrity and most of all, your love of life and fun ! ...

ps kinda reminds me of getting Nicks Speedo's off last year on holiday ... and my naked thread on him ... all modesty maintained professional as your good self which all goes to prove we can have a lot of fun - thousands of miles apart - with millions of voyers ... some of whom will comment, BUT ALL will have a few chuckles and grins - and it makes the world a better place, for us all, eh Mark ?
Methinks I do not stand on a pedestal so high, my dear, but thank you for thinking so all the same.