Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 26th February 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
New Member Gallery

Good Afternoon again folks!

I have just uploaded my first ten images to my Gallery. They are all taken on local walks around Derbyshire, mostly using my 11-22mm lens which is simply spectacular (IMHO). Images can be found under user 'Steve Lane'. No doubt I will be adding plenty more when time permits.

Regards, Steve.
Old 26th February 2008
Scapula Memory

Re: New Member Gallery

Just had a look at your gallery Steve and you have some great shots. The cottage image is excellent, I rated it to, and the other one I liked was the Derwent water pic which is a million times better than the ones I ever managed on trips to that area!
Old 26th February 2008
PeterD

Steve

What a lovely set of images. I liked all of them. No1 just has to be the cottages and street scene and I also liked the restaurant. Its an example where softness creates the illusion of a painting. I know that there are ghosts in the image but it does not spoil things as far as I am concerned.

Well done

PeterD
Old 26th February 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Hey Steve, I too had a look at your gallery images and I am very impressed with one of them in particular... the cottages in Derbyshire. That is a very nice image, and is so obviously taken by someone with talent.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours Steve.

Old 27th February 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hi Folks!

Many thanks for your appraisal of my images. I will put a few more up when time permits. The 'problem' with digital is that I take so many, so sorting through and nominating them can be a bit time consuming!

Regards, Steve.
Old 27th February 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lane View Post
Hi Folks!

Many thanks for your appraisal of my images. I will put a few more up when time permits. The 'problem' with digital is that I take so many, so sorting through and nominating them can be a bit time consuming!

Regards, Steve.
Hey Steve

Do you use a workflow application to help in this regard...? Applications such as Lightroom or Aperture will assist remarkably here.

Old 28th February 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hello John,

many thanks for your comments. Nope, I do not have either of these applications. I am presently using Photoshop CS to process the images. To be fair to my E-1, it produces superb jpeg's straight out of the camera leaving me (in most cases) very little tweaking during post processing.

I kind of like it this way, as I work in the technical support department of a software development company, and spend way too much time in front of computers!

Regards, Steve.