Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-620/600

Olympus E-620/600 An Olympus 12.1MP mid-range compact DSLR, the E-620 and the feature-reduiced version, the E-600.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th January 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Slow focusing

Happy New Year.
There's a couple of things that's making me a little despondent with my E620.
I was lucky enough to get a FL36 flash for Christmas.
First thing I did was to reset it to factory setting.
I am only using the camera and flash on auto at the moment but I'm finding the indoor photos are not as light as I think they should be. I also thought there was a motor in the flash to auto move the head ? So far there's no sign of any movement. Maybe that function is not available in auto mode.
Also indoors the AF is very slow. Sometimes while focusing the lens goes in and out of focus before finishing off out of focus. I was disappointed with some of my Christmas indoor photos, I miss a lot waiting for the AF to focus.
I was use to a Fuji S7000 P&S before and if I'm honest, indoors it was miles faster at focusing and the results were better than the Olympus.
Outdoors all seems great and the 70-300mm lens is really the business. The main reason for changing from Fuji was I've always wanted to have a camera with interchangable lenses. I love my wildlife photos and also portraits. I know it's still very early days but my underlying thought is the camera, flash and lenses (which are all second hand) are not working properly.
Any advise?