Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 12th April 2012

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Dragon Bones - Please Critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlinehan View Post
... There's no wrong or right of course - unless you're in the "photography club" scene.
I have to say our colleague, says it all in THIS post ! The quote above is indicative of someone who does not agree with the "photography club" scene vis "encouragement to stretch these envelopes !

Here in LfP does ask for comments and positive and negative comments in constructive ways and means of improving the shot posted ! THIS is like Clubs

I fear this shot should have been posted in Foto Fair as our colleague really wanted "yeah nice; love it" and no constructive comments at all !
nb NOW that we have clarified the difference between FF and LfP THIS situation should not arise again ... should it

I like it lots - but I would very much like to see various treatments on it and if the OP was happier about that I would download and play with this image - as it it, I would not dare !
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 12th April 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
I fear this shot should have been posted in Foto Fair as our colleague really wanted "yeah nice; love it" and no constructive comments at all !
nb NOW that we have clarified the difference between FF and LfP THIS situation should not arise again ... should it
I believe there's a difference between constructive comments, and correcting or recreating someone else's work. When someone provides positive criticism or constructive comments in general to an image I've posted, I'll take those suggestions and apply them myself to my work (unless the suggestion is just completely disagreeable), and I'll even repost the edit if deemed necessary.
Old 12th April 2012

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ean View Post
I believe there's a difference between constructive comments, and correcting or recreating someone else's work. When someone provides positive criticism or constructive comments in general to an image I've posted, I'll take those suggestions and apply them myself to my work (unless the suggestion is just completely disagreeable), and I'll even repost the edit if deemed necessary.
Hi S4ean,

The general debate on "this" is over here ...
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19736
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 12th April 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
Hi S4ean,

The general debate on "this" is over here ...
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19736
Ah, I'll leave the debate to those who are passionate enough about the topic... I was simply responding to a comment made in "this" thread.