Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 1 Day Ago

Liked 856 Times in 474 Posts
Re: Communal Dragonfly, Butterfly and Insect photo thread

This is a duplicate post but I accidentally deleted the original. The correct one is posted and comparison are readily made.

EM-1 (manual setting), Olympus 4/3 x2TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, Raynox MSN-202 25 diopters, twin flash, hand-held.

The situation made illumination of the subject difficult and few images were acceptable. The FOV was 5mm wide and cropping to the equivalent of 4 or 3mm has been done.

Harold

Old 1 Day Ago

More Mothflies

Ten days ago I posted some images of these, stating that I though some improvement was possible, probably by use of a smaller aperture. I prefer these images. Elsewhere, problems in identifying the effective aperture due to the use of a supplementary lens have been identified. The lens/TC combination indicated f22.

EM-1 (manual setting), Olympus 4/3 x2TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, Raynox MSN-202 25 diopters, twin flash, hand-held.

The situation made illumination of the subject difficult and few images were acceptable. The FOV was 5mm wide.

Harold

Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbranch View Post
Thanks for the info Harold it is interesting to find out how others work and hopefully learn something.

Here are some shots from late November 2016. These were with my E-M5II 60 mm f2.8 and tubes plus Raynox and my usual Nissin Di466 flash
Alf,

I missed this second set.

The springtail is Biloba muscorum (syn Neanura muscorum). It gets the genus name from the two posterior sweiilings.

The mite is a predaceus one, a female Pergamasus.

Harold