Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 19th December 2016

Liked 868 Times in 264 Posts
Raw Therapee

My normal work flow for Raw is conversion with Silkypix, I've used this for years and am very happy with the O/P it gives.
It does not support E-M1 Mkii files yet and when it does I will need to upgrade ie pay for a new version.
I like the O/P from viewer but it's so slow. I tried the preparatory version of DNG convertor which gave good results at base ISO but produces lots of chroma noise at higher settings.
I had used Raw Therapee in the distant past and found it Ok but very clunky. Now the latest version seems much better and gives a nice conversion to the new camera files.

Taken tonight

ISO 6400, 1/13th of a second handheld.

Lots of options to play with in it, it's taken me a couple of days to get used to.

And it's free( but you can donate)

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

Andy

Lots of cameras and lenses.

My Flickr
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ian (19th December 2016)