Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: EM1 MKII Lock Up

Steve:

B&H offer returns on most products. While normally 30 days, its extended now to accommodate holiday gifts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bassman51 For This Useful Post:
Ricoh (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 224 Times in 119 Posts

If this is a memory card problem then I have a question which I am hoping Ian can answer.

When Olympus gave the new EM1 MKII to all those experienced visionaries did they also equipment them with memory cards and if they did which ones?

It is interesting to note that on their Australia web page they qualify the test results with "*When using Toshiba SDXU-B032G"

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

The official Olympus website shows only various SanDisk and Toshiba cards are verified for use:
http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/supp...en_2016_04.cfm

Many people have reported problems using the camera with Lexar cards.

I suggest if you want to use an unverified card you stick to putting in slot 2. For slot 1 use the recommended SanDisk UHS II card (they currently claim 260 MB/s write, 300MB/s Read). Use of this card should empty the buffer quickly when shooting long bursts. And it is suitable for 4K video.

Perhaps you will then find that your camera works reliably. Surely it is better to try this before sending the camera back. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Growltiger For This Useful Post:
pault (3 Weeks Ago)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
pault (3 Weeks Ago), Simon Bee (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growltiger View Post
I suggest if you want to use an unverified card you stick to putting in slot 2. For slot 1 use the recommended SanDisk UHS II 280MB/s card. Perhaps you will then find that your camera works reliably. Surely it is better to try this before sending the camera back. Hope this helps.
That's what I have in Slot 1. I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s UHS-1 Class 10 32G card in Slot 2.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman51 View Post
That's what I have in Slot 1. I have a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s UHS-1 Class 10 32G card in Slot 2.
Sorry the suggestion can't help in your case. It may apply to the problems of others. It would be a good idea for anyone getting lockups to report the card(s) they were using.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

No worries, I was giving my full card info for the general good. I didn't think there is a problem with any Sandisk cards.