Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 21st May 2016

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Old vs. new

Here is a thread I posted in another forum - OMD E-M10 vs. E-1

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/threa...-post-57800150
Old 21st May 2016

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Old vs. new

Still using and loving my E-1, on hols in Majorca as I write this, the E-1 with battery grip and 12-60 'borrowed' from the E-3 on the table next to me, never misses a beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T
The Following User Liked This Post:
ronyzmbow (21st May 2016)
Old 24th May 2016

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Old vs. new

For E-10 I can not place my metz 52 flash as it's bigger and heavier than the camera
E-1 is nice solid oldschool, sometimes there is just the mood to forget the technology. For autofocus I liked the E-1 more as it felt more spot and I knew always where I got it and I strugeled to get in focus images at first with M10.
For E-M10 its really nice and compact with the compact zoom lens but the IQ of the lens is a bit low. I really liked the dials of E-1 (except AF/MF switch). For M10 it is possible to program couple of buttons but they could have kept the direct shortcuts for arrow buttons as they were in E-520. M10 power button is in a strange place and even worse is the flash button but E-1 didn't had flash at all
As the M10 works via adapter (got myself really cheap one from china) also with 4/3 lenses (except focus tracking) then I usually use M10 for the compactness and extra technology it is packed but from time to time I use E-1. Also what I noticed with E-1 that the composition mattered more because of there was not much to crop.