Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion

Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion Want to discuss the really early days of digital and even film - here is the place for you.

Old 16th December 2015

Liked 47 Times in 41 Posts
Which compact?

I owned a very good Olympus compact film camera between 1992 and 1995 but cannot recall the model and try as I might, cannot find it in the list of Olympus cameras. It was an unusual hybrid model shaped like an iS series camera but did not have a pop-up flash. The flash was incorporated in the body of the camera and had a spectacular anti-redeye pre-flash. It had spot metering too. The camera body was an unsual greenish-grey colour and had 38-140mm zoom.

Can anyone think of which camera model this was?
Old 16th December 2015

Liked 614 Times in 364 Posts
Re: Which compact?

Have a look at the Olympus global site, history section here: http://www.olympus-global.com/en/cor...cle/index.html

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterBirder For This Useful Post:
Loup Garou (16th December 2015)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Wally (16th December 2015)
Old 16th December 2015

Liked 941 Times in 381 Posts

I noted that my first Oly camera, although not shown, does get a mention in dispatches - e-20... Which I should add, still works a treat and looks like new as does all the additional bits and bobs.

Wally with his Collie and our Oly bits & bobs

Old 16th December 2015

Liked 557 Times in 332 Posts

http://www.olympus-global.com/en/cor.../pop44_mju.jpg

DOES THIS HELP?
Old 16th December 2015

Liked 47 Times in 41 Posts

Thanks Peterbirder, you got it. It was what in your link list is called "Olympus IZM330 Quartzdate", except that in the UK it was called Olympus AZ330 Superzoom. And I stand corrected because the zoom function was just 30-105mm and not 38-140mm as I said in my first post. Sorry for the mistake.

The reason I wanted to remember the make was because unusually for a non-TTL compact camera, this one came with 3 filters. There was a Skylight A, Macro and Soft Focus, all with a 40.5mm thread. The skylight went with the camera when I gave it away in 1995 but the other two had been carefully tucked away with my used kit pile. I found them recently in mint condition and the macro converter in particular is of very good quality. I got a 37to 40.5mm step-up ring for a few quid and am now able to use these filters with my Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loup Garou For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (16th December 2015)
Old 16th December 2015

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loup Garou View Post
Thanks Peterbirder, you got it. It was what in your link list is called "Olympus IZM330 Quartzdate", except that in the UK it was called Olympus AZ330 Superzoom. And I stand corrected because the zoom function was just 30-105mm and not 38-140mm as I said in my first post. Sorry for the mistake.

The reason I wanted to remember the make was because unusually for a non-TTL compact camera, this one came with 3 filters. There was a Skylight A, Macro and Soft Focus, all with a 40.5mm thread. The skylight went with the camera when I gave it away in 1995 but the other two had been carefully tucked away with my used kit pile. I found them recently in mint condition and the macro converter in particular is of very good quality. I got a 37to 40.5mm step-up ring for a few quid and am now able to use these filters with my Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens.

That description rang a bell, so, having checked one of the internet search engine thingys, I've discovered that I've got one!
I wonder if it still works...?