Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 25th August 2015

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Lens help/advice.

The 75-300 Olympus is available from SRS Microsystems at 349 - 100 Olympus discount until the end of August.

At 249 brand new that makes it a real steal.

BTW regarding digiscoping: admittedly I only tried it using a Nikon coolpix with an adapter and a Nikon ED Fieldscope but I found that one of the most frustrating types of photography I have ever encountered.

For one thing the subjects had to be pretty still, the magnification made even finding the subject difficult, every vibration was magnified a thousand times, etc, etc, etc.

Even getting comfortable using the setup was frustrating. I tried and tried and virtually couldn't get a sharp image any time.

Preliminary shots with my 75-300 however (not of BIFs but just general tryout photos) seem to show it is quite a respectable lens, even at 300mm at max aperture it seems maybe better than I expected.

Mal
The Following User Says Thank You to mm500 For This Useful Post:
the_canny_scot (25th August 2015)