Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 21st September 2014

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Myset share for newbie

I'm totally new to the Olympus system, and the Myset stuff seems to be too difficult to comprehend. Does anyone want to share their standard failsafe Myset so that I can get a foothold into the dark depths of EM1? I am thinking that the dial up stuff may be better than the button stuff from what I've read so far....
Old 21st September 2014

Liked 897 Times in 544 Posts
Re: Myset share for newbie

Most of the people here seem to use them a lot but I'm ashamed to admit in 12 months of use I've never set mine so don't worry about taking your time to get into it . In fact thanks for asking the question as the answers you get may even get me checking them out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phill D For This Useful Post:
Lubarb (21st September 2014)
Old 21st September 2014

Liked 273 Times in 184 Posts

I have never bothered as I probably wouldn't remember where they were anyway

E-M1, Pen F, E-PL5, HLD-7, 17, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), Nikon F80 (film), 28-105 Sigma, GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge
The Following Users Liked This Post:
StephenL (21st September 2014), themosttogain (23rd September 2014)
Old 22nd September 2014

Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts

Some kind soul, please explain how this MySet is used. I have been using Oly cameras since 2006 and I have never learn how to use this function. I have heard many singing praises on it's usefulness but I never got to learn it's use.
Old 22nd September 2014

Liked 74 Times in 45 Posts

Well there is an excellent post here
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16733
on how to set them up.

For example my main thing is aviation photography, so I set the camera up for what I think the best settings are for that, then assign a 'myset' (myset 4) . If I use the camera for other photography purposes then, when back on an airfield all I do select myset 4 (I have assigned a function button to do this) and it reverts camera back to my aviation setting.

It is very useful, and as may be guessed the camera can have 4 different mysets, for each of which a function button may be assigned.

It has saved me an awful lot of time.

Tags
em1, myset, myset changes, newbie