Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 28th July 2013

Liked 145 Times in 101 Posts
Re: My 'new' E-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ0RZD View Post
It may be a 'new toy' thing ...
Yeah it definitely is.
The E-1 I find unsuited to a lot of stuff where any one of my other cameras can do certain better jobs, but it's still a great combination.
Old 29th July 2013

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: My 'new' E-1

Quote:
any one of my other cameras can do certain better jobs
As you say...! The 1D is lightning fast (and sounds like a gatling gun!!), the clarity of the 1DS is amazing, even in mk2 form. The colour and convenience of the E1 has been great though, maybe I should've bought one years ago but everything has its time I guess. I am a radio amateur as well and love my older radios, the new ones do things better undeniably but the old gear will always be used. I guess thats why there continues to be a healthy market for old 35mm gear, now where did I leave my OM1?!

OM-1n with 28, 50, 100 & T32, E-10 (now deceased), E-1, E-3, EOS1ds mk2 with L glass, Fujifilm X100T