Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen-F

Olympus Pen-F The first Pen to integrate an electronic viewfinder

Old 11th December 2016

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Re: My new Pen F

Thing I love about the Pen F is the difference between it and my E-M1. But it does seem to work best with Primes, the 17mm and the 45mm are well suited. However I have even had my 40-150 Pro mounted on it and it performed like its big brothers!

I really like the Jpeg images and I never shoot RAW with it, also edit everything in camera, either using the wheel before or after the shoot I edit in the menu.

I have not had any problems with C-AF but I have pushing the ISO high for movement shots. When I used the Pen F as a second camera at a wedding during the dancing in very low light level it coped well. Also used it at an Airshow when I had the wrong camera body on the right lens! Worked pretty well but I was photographing gliders!

What I really love about the Pen F is for me the way it changes the way I think photographically. It makes me rethink my compositions and I love it for travel, having only a couple of primes with me really frees me up, rather than having my E-M1 and 3 Pro lenses, nothing wrong with that but the change is good for me!

Glad everyone is enjoying the Pen F as much as me!
The Following User Liked This Post:
OM USer (12th December 2016)
Old 11th December 2016

Liked 3,052 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy59 View Post
Worked pretty well but I was photographing gliders!
Ah, given that you're in St Neots I'm guessing that was at Gransden Lodge? I lived in Great Gransden for many years and flew gliders at the club (and others) for the best part of 22 years. I have lots of photos of gliders! If you want to see some excellent glider photography head over the the late Neil Stuart-Lawson's page:

http://www.whiteplanes.com/

He was tragically killed doing what he did best - photographing gliders. Standing on the roof of a land-rover shooting gliders finishing in a comp, he was hit by a glider flown by a friend doing a very low, high-speed finish. His photos live on though.

This is a shot of the glider I shared with another pilot (it was him flying it at the time):

The Following User Says Thank You to pdk42 For This Useful Post:
davy59 (12th December 2016)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
davy59 (12th December 2016), Gromit (12th May 2017)
Old 11th December 2016

Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts

Hi Paul, you asked on MU-43 re: Spot Metering tied to the AF point. Go to Cog E in the Menus, scroll down to Page 2 and select [---] Spot Metering, then tick Spot in the options list.

If you now enable Spot Metering, it should be linked to the AF point.

Hope that helps.

Steve