Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 8th December 2016
Codger

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts
Re: Affinity Photo - RELEASED FOR WINDOWS!

Affinity Photo for Windows is released!

Launch price is 29.99 which is a no-brainer

I'm doing some serious experimentation to see how this can fit into a workflow. It's a serious alternative to PS with as big a learning curve. I think it's much nicer to use.

No raw support for the EM-1 MkII yet!

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 9th December 2016

Liked 197 Times in 137 Posts
Re: Affinity Photo

I've just bought and installed it. Certainly looks fast and powerful but the learning curve could be steep! Like DxO it's quite slow to launch, but it's much faster when making adjustments. My version of Photoshop is CS4 so this should be a worthwhile replacement and at a fraction of the cost.
Old 9th December 2016
Codger

Liked 43 Times in 22 Posts

There are a lot of videos on Vimeo which are linked from the help menu and look very helpful.

It's also nice to be able to contact UK based developers who respond!

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 9th December 2016

Liked 197 Times in 137 Posts

On the odd occasion I've needed help with PagePlus I've always found Serif pople very helpful. The only downside is that they invariably want to sell you something else if you call them!

I'm pleased to find that Affinity also supports the raw files from my XZ-10 and E-300 which DxO doesn't .