Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Legacy Lenses

Legacy Lenses Discuss the use of older lenses, using adapters, from the Olympus OM system, Leica M and R-series, and the millions of others too.

Old 4th September 2016

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Focus peaking with legacy glass?

Thanks Peter. Sigma 60mm ordered, and also Oly 43/m43 adapter - I already have a 43 to OM adapter. e M1 body coming soon. I hope to try the 50mm on it.
Old 4th September 2016

Thanked 1,066 Times in 951 Posts
Liked 972 Times in 645 Posts

I have started using yellow for peaking!

Wee Man

If you give up smoking,drinking and sex, you don't live longer, it just feels like it.
Old 3rd October 2016

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I also have the following lenses:

Tamron 135mm
Tamron 80-210 zoom
Tamron 28 -80 zoom
Tokina 25 -50 zoom
Vivitar 17mm
Tamron 2x converter

I've had a go on some of them, but not really as carefully and scienfitfically as I'd like as yet. So far, the 50mm was easily the best for quality, but we will see.

m43 is quite shot of prime telephotos. I am tempted by the 75mm, but even if I get it, it's rather short - though I know you can crop it and get good results.

I have a 4-150 zoom and the 43 70-300, but still I crave a long telephoto...more for landscape work than portraits. This means that focussing may not be some key. I assume far away subjects will be fine. Intend to try it this week.

I've heard good things about the Olympus 100mm and 135mm. Maybe that's the way to go...perhaps with the 2x converter as well.

As for focus peaking - I'll try it, but I will also try focussing to infinity and also maybe to just a fraction before it to see how that works out - just with the eye on the E M1.

I also have a Pen EP5 and note the previous comments.