Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen-F

Olympus Pen-F The first Pen to integrate an electronic viewfinder

Old 3rd April 2016

Liked 336 Times in 129 Posts
First Pen-F tests

Finally been able to get out with my new Pen-F and give it a workout. My first impression on viewing the results in Lightroom, is that I'm having to do less highlight/shadow rescuing than with the EM-1, and the clipping is pretty minimal too, so the exposure seems really accurate out of camera. I tried just getting the feel of it, and some in-camera toys.

A couple of general shots, RAW out of camera:

HDR in-camera, JPEG, ISO 1000

HDR in-camera JPEG ISO 200

And in the in-camera monochrome options - there are 3 of these, I started on #2, which I now see adds quite a bit of 'grain' to the B&W jpeg ..... sometimes this works

...and sometimes it doesn't, at least for my taste

So I think mono mode will be subject-dependent. I personally prefer mono mode #1

Looking at these in the preview for this post, they all look a lot better in the original, so don't judge them absolutely at this size/resolution, this is just an indicator. Liking the Pen-F so far ... once I get past the 'operator error' stage, I'm sure I'll like it even more!

my Website ; my Flickr ; my Facebook
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Alpha1 (15th April 2016), Greytop (10th December 2016), IainMacD (3rd April 2016), OM USer (4th April 2016), Ross the fiddler (4th April 2016)
Old 3rd April 2016

Liked 588 Times in 261 Posts
Re: First Pen-F tests

Looks like a very successful first outing! Great shots.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs T For This Useful Post:
MargaretR (3rd April 2016)