Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 25th February 2016

Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts
Re: What bits to buy?

A wee update, if anyone is interested.

I picked up a couple of Expro batteries and an Expro charger - I meant to order the double charger, but managed to click on the wrong one and not notice... Before I exchange it, does the OEM battery charge okay in an Expro and vice versa? Or should I keep both chargers handy (I'm going away for a while later in the year, so will need to be able to charge both on the go)?

Picked up a JJC lens hood for the 12-50mm - seems to fit fine and makes the lens look a little more substantial too.

I ordered a strap from a site called Rigu - not sure if anyone's used them, but the service has been great so far (I'm yet to receive the strap, but then I did opt for freebie 2nd class post) even getting a personal e-mail from the person who runs the site to tell me he'd posted it. This is the strap I went for, but they have a lot to choose from.
http://rigu.co.uk/camera-straps/micr...rap-cam8740B95

No adapters bought yet - might leave that until later. Leaning toward getting the Panasonic 100-300mm - I was at Newburgh last weekend and could have done with some reach to capture some of the seals.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 25th February 2016

Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Re: What bits to buy?

I've bought a couple of straps from Rigu...great service with a personal touch too.