Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5

Olympus OM-D E-M5 The first Micro Four Thirds camera from Olympus with an integrated Electronic Viewfinder

Old 31st July 2015

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: OM-D E-M5 or a OM-D E-10

Hope someone can help with this question.

I am using a Panasonic Lumix FZ200. I am frustrated with hand held shot in dim light as well as what seems like over saturation fuzzy looking photos on a bright sunny day.

The E-M10 has a larger sensor but can I expect a significantly better image quality over the FZ200?

Thanks
Old 31st July 2015

Liked 556 Times in 269 Posts
Re: OM-D E-M5 or a OM-D E-10

no a lot wrong with the FZ200

What are you calling "dim light". In the evening my Canon 5d11/24-105 needs legs long before the lumix

"on a bright sunny day" Not sure about the fuzzy images; over saturation could be due to how the camera is set up.....check to photo style....set it to standard. My guess is you have 'vivid' set.

"fuzzy looking photos" more info needed. Subject/shutter/aperture? best not to use F8; most FZ200 seem to be sharpest at F4.5 and there can be some quality drop off at the longer focal lengths

I don't think the members will mind if you post a few photos; as long as we chat quietly in the corner lol