Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Old 8th April 2018

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Godox Compatibility

Hi

I am looking to get some flash equipment for my new E-M1 mark ii. Godox seem to be mentioned on here quite a bit. Has anyone any experience of using the TT350/TT685/X1T-O on their EM1 mk ii? Its not listed on the compatibility table on the Godox website?

Otherwise any other recommendations for a decent speedlight that is compatible?

Thanks for your help!
Old 9th April 2018

Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
Re: Godox Compatibility

Hi Richard,

I have that exact set of Godox items and use them with my E-M1 II.

With the X1T-O on the camera I operate the flashes as two separate groups to allow 'manual' independent remote power adjustment from the X1T-O.

I have not used TTL or HSS but I am optimistic it will work and there are a couple of YouTube videos featuring Olympus kit, some of which I think cover these features.

The quality of construction of the two flash units is excellent, the X1T-O is a little bit plasticky and the thumb wheel not as positive as it could be, but its fine once you get the hang of it. The LCD is a bit dim but adequate.

I needed to download the manuals from the Godox site and practice a bit but I am now confident with it using the 'manual with central adjustment' method.

I am very happy thus far and when you consider the pricing, I think its a probably the best game in town. Much simpler than grappling with the Olympus branded way.

My FL-50R and FL-50 will be up for sale when I get round to it.

Hope that helps.

Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisG For This Useful Post:
Richardhall4 (12th April 2018)