Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Tutorials, Informative & Classic threads

Tutorials, Informative & Classic threads A new e-Group area for all the wonderful tutorials and helpful threads put on here by our members. Tutorials on using software, camera hardware - and feel free to request a tutorial if you need assistance!

Old 14th November 2017

Liked 417 Times in 154 Posts
Image posting problem

Just entered the image edit challenge but can only get a thumbnail image to post,i have the image in my gallery, can highlight the code but not copy it, where am i going wrong please.

If a mod could change the thumbnail for a full print i wouldn't be unhappy

Thanks
Old 14th November 2017

Liked 610 Times in 420 Posts
Re: Image posting problem

The method I use is the My Pics - Open button on the compose screen (it isn't there on "Post quick reply", but it is on create new post or reply to post - to the lower right of the text area).

This opens a new window with thumbnails of your gallery images - you may need to stretch the borders a bit to see it properly. All you have to do is click on the image, and you will see it embed the source code in your post. There are a couple of pulldowns, one of which offers options of original image or clickable thumbnail. Original image will display it full size in the body of your post.

Preview post will show it to you complete with image and also leave the edit panel open for further tweaking.

In my opinion this is much easier than going into the gallery and cut/pasting links.

Hope this helps ... John
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikie John For This Useful Post:
mik (14th November 2017)
Old 14th November 2017

Liked 417 Times in 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikie John View Post
The method I use is the My Pics - Open button on the compose screen (it isn't there on "Post quick reply", but it is on create new post or reply to post - to the lower right of the text area).

This opens a new window with thumbnails of your gallery images - you may need to stretch the borders a bit to see it properly. All you have to do is click on the image, and you will see it embed the source code in your post. There are a couple of pulldowns, one of which offers options of original image or clickable thumbnail. Original image will display it full size in the body of your post.

Preview post will show it to you complete with image and also leave the edit panel open for further tweaking.

In my opinion this is much easier than going into the gallery and cut/pasting links.

Hope this helps ... John
Thanks done it, have the thumbnail as well this time but will know next time.
Old 14th November 2017

Liked 1,908 Times in 978 Posts

You can always edit, then use the advanced button to delete the thumbnail, the upload the Original Image.....

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ224 For This Useful Post:
mik (14th November 2017)