Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 16th September 2008
ndl0071

Don't call the AA......

Well not here anyway, an amusing shot of a recent trip, not quite so funny perhaps......this is the Sahara Desert, still, I made it back to the UK to tell the tale

Old 16th September 2008

Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts
Re: Don't call the AA......

Did you volunteer to take photos of the great push? How long did the photo shoot take to get it just right

Seriously, how did you all get out of the mess - was it a very long push?

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 16th September 2008
Administrator

Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,329 Posts
Liked 4,053 Times in 1,912 Posts

Wouldn't have happened to a Land Rover!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 16th September 2008

Liked 108 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Wouldn't have happened to a Land Rover!
Hmm, might with mine, I'd have run out of petrol before I got that far.
V8 Auto lightweight.

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 17th September 2008
ndl0071

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterD View Post

Did you volunteer to take photos of the great push? How long did the photo shoot take to get it just right

Seriously, how did you all get out of the mess - was it a very long push?

Peter
Hi Peter

What you see in the picture is a prime reason why these vehicles don’t venture out on their own into the desert, this were one of half a dozen vehicles in our ‘caravan’ albeit spaced about 5 minutes apart, we came across this vehicle that had got stuck in a dune, the driver had deviated from the track as he had tried to ‘shoot a dune’.

We stopped to offer assistance but hey, in the style of a good reportage photographer someone had to record the occasion, therefore being excused labouring duties, (well someone had to do it!) and anyway one of the lads in the photo is my son, so I was kind of helping out in spirit at least.

It took about 20 minutes of pushing/pulling and rocking the vehicle to get grip back onto the wheels.

It really was very hot and I did feel for the lads involved with the manual work

All in all I have to say that it was a fantastic day out, the speed theses guys manage in these vehicles over the terrain is truly exhilarating. A highly recommended day out if you ever get the chance

Neil
Old 17th September 2008

Liked 36 Times in 11 Posts

Thanks for the reply Neil. Just checking how much a day return (guaranteed return of course) would be.

Looks like you had a really great experience and an image to prove it was not all about relaxing and sunning yourselves - well relaxing anyway.

Were you equiped with radios? Its OK for the lead vehicles but what about tail end charlie.

Thanks for posting your image its something to talk about in the pub and should earn you a few pints

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/
Old 17th September 2008
ndl0071

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterD View Post
Thanks for the reply Neil. Just checking how much a day return (guaranteed return of course) would be.

Looks like you had a really great experience and an image to prove it was not all about relaxing and sunning yourselves - well relaxing anyway.

Were you equiped with radios? Its OK for the lead vehicles but what about tail end charlie.

Thanks for posting your image its something to talk about in the pub and should earn you a few pints

Peter
Didn't see any radios, but there was mobile phone coverage so these were used when needed, there were also several meeting points in strategic locations to re group, these guys are very experienced in the desert (well they are Berbers so they should be) I don't think they've lost a customer yet

Good luck with the day trip, let us know how you get on.

Neil