Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 26th November 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Warning Amazon Prime

Hi All
Reading my recent bank statement Amazon had taken 49 from my acccount, I hadn't made a purchase since a Scott Kelby book, this was offered with free delivery with prime which I took advantage of, what I didn't know was that prime was only free for a month after which membership is 49 a month for delivery of Amazon purchases.
I eventually found the contact page on amazon and emailed them asking what I had purchased for 49 they said my last purchase was the book, I requested a phone callback which established what the charge was for, only after a heated discussion and stating various forms of action I would take did he offer to talk me through cancelling my prime membership and getting a refund.
So another example of there is no free lunch.

Bob
Old 26th November 2010

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Warning Amazon Prime

I had the same problem, didn't read the terms and conditions and got stung for 49. Difference is that when I phoned up I got the 49 refunded no probs and the Prime membership cancelled without any fuss.

I guess it all depends who's on the other end of the phone!

Regards

Neil
Old 26th November 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ordered an item today from Amazon and was offered 'Prime' during the on-screen ordering process. Ticked the box for their free delivery using Prime. A few minutes later, received an email stating that i had subscribed to 'Prime'. I thought this was a little odd, went back into the Amazon website and found this option. Rather quickly, unsubscribed and hopefully, will not get stung for their yearly fee - it is rather easy to miss the unsubscribe button though. Good warning to others who might unintentionally find they didn't tick the correct box.
Regards,
Andy.
www.sport-on-wheels.com
Old 26th November 2010
Xpres

I did the 'prime' trial a while back. You get free deliveries for a month but have to remember to 'unsubscribe' before the month is up or you get charged. I wonder how many people forget or tick the wrong box...? I've found their free delivery pretty quick mostly and can't see the point of paying extra.
Old 26th November 2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have Prime on my Amazon account and yet the next day delivery normally takes 2-3 days! I have a heated discussion with their "customer service" department. Useless idiots.

I wont be renewing my Prime membership and have started to use them less and less.
Old 26th November 2010

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've found the 49 per year fee to be good value, all deliveries have turned up on the expected date and you can also share the service with up to four family members. (The delivery addresses don't even have to be the same)

Regards
Iain
Old 26th November 2010

Liked 106 Times in 54 Posts

I took advantage of the free month Prime offer and found it very good. I did however make sure I cancelled it on the last day

Steve
Old 2nd December 2010

Liked 873 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwill View Post
I've found the 49 per year fee to be good value, all deliveries have turned up on the expected date and you can also share the service with up to four family members. (The delivery addresses don't even have to be the same)

Regards
Iain
Exactly the same experience here, I regularly use it (and family members too). If fact when you calculate out the usage against the fee (in my case) it is extremely good value.

Olympus equipment (mainly)
Capture One Pro
My flickr
Old 2nd December 2010

Liked 62 Times in 33 Posts

I just use the free super saver or if it does not have that shop elsewhere where

OM-D E-M5 mk2, m12-40mm f2.8, m25mm f1.8, m45mm f1.8, m60mm f2.8 Macro, M14‑150mm 1:4-5.6 II, M75-300mm MK2, Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye