Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-1

Olympus E-1 E-1 specific discussion.

Old 28th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exposure bracketing using remote control

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to activate exposure bracketing when using the remote control? Can't see anything in the E1 manual (pages 70-72 and pages 75-76). Guidance would be much appreciated!
Old 28th January 2008
Ijay37

Re: Exposure bracketing using remote control

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.spooner View Post
Am I missing something, or is it not possible to activate exposure bracketing when using the remote control? Can't see anything in the E1 manual (pages 70-72 and pages 75-76). Guidance would be much appreciated!
I have just tried my E-1 with cable remote: settings 3 frames +-0.7 and multiple exposures and it works fine.Don't have infra red remote so can't comment on that.
Regards John
Old 28th January 2008

Liked 106 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Works exactly the same as if pressing the camera's shutter release.

Steve
Old 28th January 2008

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:

I can not speak for how the E-1 works but on my E-300 and E-3 you can not use the Infra-red remote to drive the exposure comp automatically like you can with having drive mode for the shutter release. You have to press the Infra-red three times after setting the exposure bracketing to three. This is because the continuous drive mode is on the same menu as infra-red i.e. single frame, drive mode or infra-red so you can not combine infra-red and drive mode.

I wish Oly would correct this.
Old 30th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks to all for your posts. But I am still defeated!! I set up my E1 to use three frame exposure bracketing and the infra-red remote control. BKT blinks and the remote control icon appear in the control panel - but the shutter releases once only. I can get exposure bracketing with this setup if I press the remote button three times in succession. Looks as though E-3 Invicta is right and E3 users will have this slight inconvenience too!
Old 5th February 2008

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Thanks to all for your posts. But I am still defeated!! I set up my E1 to use three frame exposure bracketing and the infra-red remote control. BKT blinks and the remote control icon appear in the control panel - but the shutter releases once only. I can get exposure bracketing with this setup if I press the remote button three times in succession. Looks as though E-3 Invicta is right and E3 users will have this slight inconvenience too!
Wreckdiver is right. The remote works just the same as the button - you have to press it three times to get the bracketed exposures. Surprised me first time!

Please see
http://www.oliophoto.co.uk
http://www.oliomedia.co.uk
https://www.blipfoto.com/oliophoto
Thanks for looking!
Old 5th February 2008

Liked 106 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
I think I understand the problem now, Invicta is perfectly correct. I didn't read the question properly - sorry.

On the E-3's direct button for selecting Sequential shooting, Timer and Remote control (RM-1) options you are limited. The options are:

1. Sequential shooting H
2. Sequential shooting L
3. 12 second timer
4. 2 second timer
5. Remote control
6. 2 second remote control

So you cannot set Remote control and Sequential shooting, there just isn't the option to do so (you would need options 1 and 5 together).

So whilst you have set up Exposure bracketing the camera is then looking for a shutter release press for each frame. When you use the remote control lead (RM-CB1) and set for Exposure bracketing you then select the drive to single (one press per frame) or sequential for one press (and holding it) for all the frames.

So with the E-3 (and E-1) you cannot use sequential drive and the remote control at the same time.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

Steve