Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 2nd September 2009

Liked 71 Times in 32 Posts
Good deal spotted in PC World

I was mooching around my local PC World (St Pauls Cray, SE London) on Monday and noticed that they had an E-3 + 12-60 kit in the display case "reduced to clear" at 1220. I already have an E-3 and much as I would like the 12-60 I can't justify the expense.

I thought I would let people here know about it in case anyone was in the market for that kit at the moment. I wonder if it is just my local branch seemingly ditching the Olympus high-end (they still have E-420 and E-520 cameras at normal prices) or policy across all branches. Might be worth having a quick look in your local PC World just in case

I hope someone on the forum can take advantage of this

Cheers,

JohnGG
Old 2nd September 2009
EH1

Smile Re: Good deal spotted in PC World

That is a damn good price!
Old 2nd September 2009
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,439 Times in 2,105 Posts
Re: Good deal spotted in PC World

Currys, I believe, are closely associated with PC World. In the Chelmsford store today I noticed a body only E3 for 799.99. I spoke to an assistant who confirmed it was a nationwide offer in all stores.

There's definitely bargains to be had at the moment!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 3rd September 2009

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

PCWorld and Dixons are part of DSG and appear to have ditched Olympus DSLR equipment entirely. I work in airports and all Olympus DSLR equipment is either off the shelves or being sold at reduced rates. I was in Edinburgh a while ago and a 40-150 lens was on sale at 45. I just missed the last of their FL-36Rs at 120. In the last month I've been in Edinburgh/Glasgow/T5 and Dixons have no Olympus DSLR equipment. Same goes for my local PCWorlds. I've also been to John Lewis who have ceased to sell Olympus DSLR kit - again I missed an FL-36 at 92 in their sale.
The only large chain with Olympus kit locally is now Jessops.

Jamie
Old 3rd September 2009
Administrator

Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,232 Posts
Liked 1,651 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie allan View Post
PCWorld and Dixons are part of DSG and appear to have ditched Olympus DSLR equipment entirely. I work in airports and all Olympus DSLR equipment is either off the shelves or being sold at reduced rates. I was in Edinburgh a while ago and a 40-150 lens was on sale at 45. I just missed the last of their FL-36Rs at 120. In the last month I've been in Edinburgh/Glasgow/T5 and Dixons have no Olympus DSLR equipment. Same goes for my local PCWorlds. I've also been to John Lewis who have ceased to sell Olympus DSLR kit - again I missed an FL-36 at 92 in their sale.
The only large chain with Olympus kit locally is now Jessops.

Jamie
Currys is (I believe) going to start stocking the new budget price version of the E-620 (E-600) as an exclusive for the UK.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 3rd September 2009

Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts

I went into my local currys and PC world the other day (Newport Road, Cardiff) and also noticed there was no more stock of Olympus only Canon and Nikon, I asked the usual untrained member of staff and his comment was "You dont want Olympus, Nikon is what you want" I asked him if he even uses a DSLR and his reply was NO, so what a helpful chap

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff