Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 26th March 2019

Liked 207 Times in 136 Posts
Battery Status

I was browsing through the menus on my E-M1-ii (as you do) and came across the item 'Battery Status' in Cogs J2.

I've not seen this mentioned before (apologies if I've missed it) but it looks quite useful. There is an item 'Shot Count', which shows the number of shots since the battery was last charged and inserted in the camera. It can be used to relate the number of shots taken to the battery level. There is also an indicator labelled 'Degradation', which on all three of my batteries shows 5 green blobs, which, I assume, means they are all in 'top' condition. I have no idea how this information is determined.

The serial number of the battery is also shown. For my three batteries, the first four digits are 2016, 2017, 2018 respectively. Does anyone know if these digits represent the year of manufacture?
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeOxon For This Useful Post:
Bikie John (26th March 2019)
Old 26th March 2019

Liked 712 Times in 478 Posts
Re: Battery Status

Interesting, thanks Mike. For me, the better battery charge gauge was a very nice new feature of the Mark II - makes the add-on grip all but redundant. I'll have a look at those displays.

John