Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II The first OM-D's successor.

Old 25th February 2015

Liked 357 Times in 94 Posts
So who's pre-ordered the EM5-II?

Just curious how many folk have taken the plunge and pre-ordered? I know there's myself and Simon, but that's it. What is it that swayed you so that you must have it now and not wait until the price becomes more reasonable?

I was lucky enough to have one of Olly's 'special' discounts but truth be told knowing me I probably would have stumped up the money even if I didn't I love my EM10, but really need weather sealing for an upcoming trip which was the main reason for me to look at the EM5-II. Other major selling points were the viewfinder, and extra controls. I have to say, the flip out screen nearly put me off, but I realised that I rarely tilt the screen on the EM10 so no major biggie, plus I guess it is nice to turn the screen around so it doesn't get scratched when you're carrying it around etc.

Has anyone else had hands on with it yet? It really does feel a quality product, the new control dials are superb. One thing I did find though that was due to the position of the on/off switch it does look like this is showing which mode you're in and I was in the wrong mode on one occasion I'm sure this will be something I quickly get used to though

Has anyone had any info when they will be receiving their pre-order? When I placed my order on the Olly store it said release date 6th March with 3-4 days delivery IIRC, but the Olly rep said that they are trying to deliver pre-orders by the end of the month. Hope this is true
Old 25th February 2015

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Re: So who's pre-ordered the EM5-II?

Yes, I've pre-ordered, but from Jessops, only because they're exclusively offering the kit with 14-150 II, which I wanted. I don't think its outrageously expensive, given (a) I'm getting the lens for £350 rather than the £550 which is its official retail price (I realise that won't stick), (b) the rather nice free bag, and (c) the extended warranty. All in all, quite an attractive package.

I'm coming to Olympus from Panny - I have a G6 and several M43 lenses already. The EM5 II looks a cracker.

I've been told that Jessops expect stock on 4th so I should get mine a day or two later. That's a little disappointing since people in the US already seem to have theirs.
Old 25th February 2015

Liked 357 Times in 94 Posts
Re: So who's pre-ordered the EM5-II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon525 View Post
Yes, I've pre-ordered, but from Jessops, only because they're exclusively offering the kit with 14-150 II, which I wanted. I don't think its outrageously expensive, given (a) I'm getting the lens for 350 rather than the 550 which is its official retail price (I realise that won't stick), (b) the rather nice free bag, and (c) the extended warranty. All in all, quite an attractive package.

I'm coming to Olympus from Panny - I have a G6 and several M43 lenses already. The EM5 II looks a cracker.

I've been told that Jessops expect stock on 4th so I should get mine a day or two later. That's a little disappointing since people in the US already seem to have theirs.
Do they? We're always last to have things I'll not get my hopes up about getting it early then as the Olly rep said they're fulfilling store pre-orders first

I didn't realise the 14-150mm kit was exclusive to Jesspos, no wonder I didn't see it on the Olly site . No worries though as I wanted to the 12-40mm kit anyway

As for the price, I guess when you factor in the bag and warranty it's not bad (wonder how much I can sell the bag for? ). If you missed out on this it is a bit steep though. Difficult to pay 899 for body only, when you can get the original EM5 with 12-50mm, 45mm and 40-150mm for 799

I only ordered from the Olly store due to the discount, otherwise I'd have ordered from my local store. Maybe I'd have it a couple of days earlier if I did