Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 20th October 2014

Liked 1,247 Times in 711 Posts
E-M1 External Flash connector cover

Dear all,
Like many people, it seems, I've lost the little plastic cover off the front of my E-M1 (shown as item 16 on the E-M1 manual pdf).

I know this doesn't aid water resistance, but I'd quite like to replace it (and probably get several spares, too). I believe the part code is VE-254700, but I can't find it on the UK Olympus site or offered by any of the usual suspects like Park Cameras or Wex.

On other fora people have suggested trying a US camera parts supplier (who no longer list them as stock) or using 'cheap Chinese knock-offs', but does anyone have any recommendations for sourcing OE or pattern replacements that will actually fit?

With thanks.

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.
Old 20th October 2014
Senior

Liked 158 Times in 58 Posts
Re: E-M1 External Flash connector cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
Dear all,
Like many people, it seems, I've lost the little plastic cover off the front of my E-M1 (shown as item 16 on the E-M1 manual pdf).

I know this doesn't aid water resistance, but I'd quite like to replace it (and probably get several spares, too). I believe the part code is VE-254700, but I can't find it on the UK Olympus site or offered by any of the usual suspects like Park Cameras or Wex.

On other fora people have suggested trying a US camera parts supplier (who no longer list them as stock) or using 'cheap Chinese knock-offs', but does anyone have any recommendations for sourcing OE or pattern replacements that will actually fit?

With thanks.
Luton Cameras can usually source all Olympus parts

My Zenfolio Site
My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150
The Following User Liked This Post:
Chevvyf1 (20th October 2014)
Old 20th October 2014
Administrator

Liked 1,568 Times in 900 Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OL...item3cea054c53

OR: I can sell you one for 50

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ross the fiddler (20th October 2014)
Old 20th October 2014

Aha!

Luton have them, I believe (although I'lll check specifically with them first): http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/ShopPa...ap/CR-Cap.html

This is very convenient since I have to go to a meeting near Luton in the next week or two and can presumably save myself the postage.

I should have thought of them. I've used Luton for years after having them repair my OM-1 viewfinder after I managed to throw the camera down Helvellyn about 30 years ago...

Many thanks for that, Graham, but that's the hot shoe cover on top not the screw jobby on the front. I haven't yet managed to lose that one, but I'm sure I shall given long enough...

Many thanks indeed for the help, and I hope the references in the thread are useful to others.

Too much Oly gear.
Old 20th October 2014

Good job I did check with Luton before driving over: the correct cap for this port is actually this one: http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/ShopPa..._Cap/spec.html

Too much Oly gear.