Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 9th December 2007

Liked 1,008 Times in 299 Posts
Battery life

On my E3 I find after about 150-200 images the battery life shows as low.Now on my E1 when I got to this I would always change my battery as I knew it only had about 20 images left before the power ran out.
Now on my E3 I have been changing the battery when this occured but it did seem a bit low.This morning I have gone plugging away with about another 200 pictures and am still going.

Has anyone got ant comment about battery life on the E3??

All the best

Andy
Old 9th December 2007
PeterD

Smile Re: Battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
On my E3 I find after about 150-200 images the battery life shows as low.Now on my E1 when I got to this I would always change my battery as I knew it only had about 20 images left before the power ran out.
Now on my E3 I have been changing the battery when this occured but it did seem a bit low.This morning I have gone plugging away with about another 200 pictures and am still going.

Has anyone got ant comment about battery life on the E3??

All the best

Andy

I have not counted the images taken per battery charge as thi would be meaningless as I have spent quite a bit of time playing (is that the right word?) to learn how to operate the camera. I have noticed that battery life is long but it would of course be affected if one was to keep IS on and the rear display. I always carry a spare battery just in case but like you I have found that there is still quite a bit of charge left when the low battery indicator comes on. Never had to change a battery mid shooting session but replace it when I get back home.

All in all, I was suprised with battery life with th E500 (my first DSLR) and just as pleased with the E3. I can remember the days when I was using a compact and batteries were discharged in no time at all.

PeterD