Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 5th October 2011

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts
Isle of Wight

Well, we certainly picked the right weekend for our trip to the Isle of Wight, it was like a foreign holiday! This was the first time we've taken the car over and actually explored the island but I think it's pretty fair to say we will be back at some point...

The Needles:

Moon in the Clouds:

Bembridge Windmill

My daughter on a roundabout... not that she would look up while we were going around!

Not a great photo I know, but just proof that we saw red squirrels!
Old 6th October 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Isle of Wight

Great shots ! 1. would have wall space here its terrific ! We must go to the IoW soon ...
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 6th October 2011

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,269 Posts
Liked 2,272 Times in 1,079 Posts

I agree that shot of the Needles is spectacular. You got a much better red squirrel shot than I managed a few years ago. We waited ages but they just wouldn't come down out of the trees.
Old 6th October 2011
Grumpy Member

Liked 539 Times in 249 Posts

Number 1 is excellent with great colours on the cliffs but the shot of your daughter does it for me!

It's got so much. Great subject matter with colour and motion blur highlighting a rather coy little girl. A clever shot which really works for me and cheered me up at the start of what is certainly going to be a stressful day at work.

Thanks for posting

cheers

Hec
Old 6th October 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

We had a news item on BBC South Today "hundreds of Red Squirrels" on Brownsea Island ... now that the Rhodies have been removed and allowed the pine trees to grow and produce "Squirrel food"

So we are off there on a Sunday in October ! With some Squirrel food to temp them down to the ground ..
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 6th October 2011

Liked 73 Times in 38 Posts

Thanks everyone!

I was pleased with The Needles shot as my Canon totting friend and I went there specifically to photograph the sunset... we were there for a good hour or so watching people come and go and I must admit that the image came out better than I originally thought it would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
You got a much better red squirrel shot than I managed a few years ago. We waited ages but they just wouldn't come down out of the trees.
We tracked this little guy for a good 20 minutes as he jumped from tree to tree and I only have the 150mm kit lens which was used on the E1 so there was little cropping factor left either... by the time we saw one on the floor the light was quite poor under the tree canopy and everything was blurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
Number 1 is excellent with great colours on the cliffs but the shot of your daughter does it for me!

It's got so much. Great subject matter with colour and motion blur highlighting a rather coy little girl. A clever shot which really works for me and cheered me up at the start of what is certainly going to be a stressful day at work.
Thanks Hec, she cheers me up every day so just spreading the joy. I really like the position of her arms as they make it all quite angular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
So we are off there on a Sunday in October ! With some Squirrel food to temp them down to the ground ..
Looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 6th October 2011

Liked 873 Times in 309 Posts

Colours, composition, detail and atmosphere all wrapped in one great shot of the Needles.
Definitely a candidate for a big print

Olympus equipment (mainly)
Capture One Pro
My flickr