Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference

Camera conference General and model-specific E-System camera chat.

Old 28th March 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Robusto
What do i do now?

Have decided that my old Scooter Suzuki Bergman AN 400 has to make way for a newer model camera managed to make a quick sale on Ebay collectiong tomorrow

and also selling a Canon Zoom Lens EF 24-150 mm 1:4 IS USM

now the question is what do i send the money on 500 coming from Scooter and a possible 500+ from the lens

How would the money be best spent suggestions please looking at about 1000

do i take an E3 or E30 or E620 and try and get a better lens suggestions

Most of the work i get is for Football i can do the daytime stuff with the 70-300 and also the evening late KO`s so should i look at getting a 50-200 or something else also Flash ?

Should i look for a package deal ?

All these questions and a little excited about getting new stuff

Martyn
Olympus E30, HLD4 Grip E520 E300 HLD3 Grip, Pen E-PL1 Zuiko m14-42mm
Zuiko OM 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 , 80-200mm
ZD 14-42mm, 14-45mm, 14-54mm, 40-150mm ,50-200mm , 70-300mm, 35mm Macro , EX-25
Sigma 50-500mm To be Obtained
Olympus FL36R ;Metz Flash 28AF-30
http://cannoncannonphotography.webs.com/
Old 28th March 2011

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: What do i do now?

Hi Martyn,

Sounds like you are in a lucky position! With the kit you have listed I would suggest you split the money between a new body and a faster zoom lens.

I upgraded from an E500 to an E3 about two years ago and could not believe the difference. Faster sequential shooting, faster auto focus, better handling etc to name but a few.

I recently bought a back up E30 from a member of is forum and it handles much the same as at the E3, all be it, slightly less of a solid feel.

I also moved from standard to pro lenes (with a few exceptions) and although I cannot justify the expense of SHG the 12-60, 14-54 and 50-200 are all great bits of glass that made 'getting the shot' much more achievable.

As you mention sports photography I would suggest you look at a secondhand 50-200mm SWD and an E3 or E30 (they are both much the same price at present). If you get a great deal you even be able to afford an EC-14 to complete thus setup.

Finally I also find using the HLD-4 battery grip with either E3 or E30 a real help to it's handling. I believe it also helps speed up the continuous shooting speed with the E3 (not sure if it affects the E30).

Having bought and sold a few things via this forum I can testify to the quality of goods offered, I have had nothing but plesant, easy transactions.

Happy hunting.

E-M1, E-M5, EP-3, E1
ZD 9-18, 12-60, 14-54, 50-200, 70-300, 12-50, 40-150, EC14, EC20, EX25
Sigma 30

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gadgeteer2004/