Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Exhibitions, stock photos, professional work

Exhibitions, stock photos, professional work This board concentrates on topics that explore the potential of your photography being seen by a wider audience and even earning you some money.

Old 19th April 2019

Liked 52 Times in 45 Posts
Canon 10s panaramas

Hi all,
Apparently you can print panos on my printer, the printer comes with an app
Print studio pro to enable pano printing. Which is great the downside is that it only works if you use Adobe, I do not. I do use a Mac, which is ok and I am currently waiting on a trial pack of fotospeed panorama paper.

My question is does anyone using this combo. Mac/canon10s have any experience of Printing panos? Does anyone use a better app on there Mac for printing?
Kind regards Mike
Old 23rd April 2019

Liked 666 Times in 344 Posts
Re: Canon 10s panaramas

What I found out is that most printers can print panoramas. It's only How long will their custom page support. The Width is the printer's which poor man like me only A4 to it's how many multiples the custom allow.

Question is where to find rolled paper for the print.

All my garbage so far.
Old 23rd April 2019

Thanked 1,379 Times in 1,274 Posts
Liked 2,282 Times in 1,083 Posts

I used to have an attachment to my old Epson printer that took paper rolls for pano printing. Therefore as a last resort Epson should do them or at least they must have in the past.
Old 23rd April 2019

Liked 113 Times in 77 Posts

Canon printers have a length limitation of something like 23 to 26" for panorama printing (I've seen figures around these extremes quoted). My own iP8750 is limited to 26.6". This is a printer driver limitation built in by Canon.
Old 1st May 2019

I have now managed to print my fist panorama with the 10s. I got in touch with Canon support to establish the best way to print a panorama they told me to download their latest drivers etc. Being of the older generation I find this all a Bit of a palava really. I found that the print quality turned out excellent, however I cannot seem to get the printer to get the height right. Please let me expand, the image in question is the well photographed buachille mountain in glen coe Scotland. I left a gap between the the top of the mountain and the edge of the frame, not much but enough. Each time I printed the image it cropped a little bit off th top of the mountain, not much but enough to grate. I used several A4 sheets of a cheap photographic to try to get it right but gave up in the end. The wife was happy with the outcome of the cropped top, me not so. The main reason is because what I see on screen isn’t what’s printed. I think next time I do a mountain scene in panorama I will leave more space at the top. Still annoyed that Canon hasn’t made the print studio pro as a stand-alone app.
Me thinks I will trade in or get an Epson next time.

Kind regards Mike.
Old 1st May 2019

Does the aspect ratio of the print match the aspect ratio of the image? Unless these are identical, the printed image must be either cropped on one axis or have one axis shrunk to fit the other axis in.
Old 2nd May 2019

Liked 666 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichea View Post
Does the aspect ratio of the print match the aspect ratio of the image? Unless these are identical, the printed image must be either cropped on one axis or have one axis shrunk to fit the other axis in.
It's usually 1 or the other.

If I print at home, it's usually multiples of the Width of the A4 paper maximizing to 210mm.

All my garbage so far.
Old 6th May 2019

I cropped the image to the necessary size HxW before pressing print, and the printer did a great job guality wise, but somehow it hasn’t printed the height correctly? I used several sheets of A4 stopping the printer at the Mark where the mountain reached the top of the paper thus saving time and ink. I also turned the paper round to use both ends to save paper, and several different ways of cropping the image but to no avail.
Kind regards Mike
Old 8th May 2019

Liked 3,876 Times in 1,428 Posts

Basic, but is the paper size set to A4 rather than some odd longscap thing?
Old 8th May 2019

Sorry to labour the point, but what do you mean by 'necessary size HxW'? Your image aspect ratio must match exactly the aspect ratio of the area being printed on the paper. Note that this is not the same as the paper AR... there are non-printable areas at the edge of the paper (let's put borderless printing to one side for now).

There should also be a preview that shows you how the print will come out to save you wasting ink.