Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 18th May 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
"Set Home" Function doesn't seem to work.

I'm trying to get the "set home" function to work. In menu A2/Set Home I have it checked for CA-F - single area - centered. I have tried assigning "Home" to various buttons under the "B" menu but it just doesn't seem to work. If I assign a button to "Home", when I press it nothing happens.
Any idea what I may be missing?
Old 18th May 2017

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: "Set Home" Function doesn't seem to work.

Ah, I'm starting to figure it out. I'm using one of the function buttons to activate manual focus. If I'm in manual focus that has been activated from the function button, pressing the function button set to "Home" has no effect. I have to press the function button I assigned for manual focus first to to toggle it back to the focus mode I was in before I switched to manual focus and then press the "Home" button and now it works. Slightly annoying behaviour. Don't see any reason why it couldn't just go straight to the "Home" setting without coming out of manual first. Of course if I set the camera to manual from any other setting other than the function button I don't need the extra step. Just taken me about half an hour to figure this out.