Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Dealers' Den

Dealers' Den The idea of this board is to provide a link between e-group members and Olympus UK dealers.

Old 28th October 2015

Liked 129 Times in 69 Posts
Re: Kacha ebay shop

I sold a lens on eBay and got stiffed by their buyer PayPal protection scheme, which appears to be very much in favour of the purchaser, so I would expect a chargeback to be done. That said, a forged, signed delivery note appears to be grounds for eBay to wash their hands of the claim, if t'interweb can be trusted.

Bear in mind that the majority of smooth transactions go unreported though, so I suppose you weigh up the odds as best you can, save the tax and cross your fingers!

Good luck with the refund. If you were less careful examining it you might never have noticed the particles and been happy with the performance, perhaps. I can remember a school friend trying to return a German prime (costing twice my OM-10 kit!) and being told that the small bubble just visible on the edge of one of the elements wasn't grounds for a replacement.
Old 28th October 2015

Liked 125 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dorn View Post
I sold a lens on eBay and got stiffed by their buyer PayPal protection scheme, which appears to be very much in favour of the purchaser, so I would expect a chargeback to be done. That said, a forged, signed delivery note appears to be grounds for eBay to wash their hands of the claim, if t'interweb can be trusted.

Bear in mind that the majority of smooth transactions go unreported though, so I suppose you weigh up the odds as best you can, save the tax and cross your fingers!

Good luck with the refund. If you were less careful examining it you might never have noticed the particles and been happy with the performance, perhaps. I can remember a school friend trying to return a German prime (costing twice my OM-10 kit!) and being told that the small bubble just visible on the edge of one of the elements wasn't grounds for a replacement.

I must be unlucky with ebay every expensive purchase I have made has gone wrong. U are right though ebay favours the buyer certainly feels that way.

Sent the item back now anyway.
Old 29th October 2015

interesting info

kacha has various addresses

the parcel had an address in salford
ebay has london
paypal austrailia

hope the return works out as i rang ebay who confiremed the london address.
Old 29th October 2015

lens received by kacha checked tracking. Received b4 1300 but no refund lol Hopefully tomoz.

Had a reply 30/10/15 statin - will take 24-48 hrs to examine not impressed
Old 30th October 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboo View Post
lens received by kacha checked tracking. Received b4 1300 but no refund lol Hopefully tomoz.

Had a reply 30/10/15 statin - will take 24-48 hrs to examine not impressed
OUTCOME

Had a close shave as soon as i raised a dispute the seller told me the london address to send the item, which was a self storage place. Thankfully I used Ebay for the messages to create an audit trail. Prior to sending I noticed the original package had a centre in Salford printed on it.

I rang ebay as i was sceptical.

Ebay confirmed the London address so I sent it there. Next thing paypal sent me a message asking me to return the item to Austrailia as this is the registered paypal address.

I swiftly tracked my item then messaged the seller for confirmation of delivery.
They replied a day after receiving the item stating it would take 24-48 hours to look at the item.

I contactd paypal due to the address issue. They initially were suggesting that I should have sent the item to Austrailia luckily I had the audit trail otherwise buyer protection wouldnt have kicked in. I sent a copy of the tracking receipt and paypal issued a refund rather than the seller.

In simple terms I dont recommend Kacha as they operate in a mysterious way no doubt
operate from Austrailia but use suppliers that have imported to uk then post out from uk hence delay in delivery and previous negative feedback to do with poorly wrapped items. The actual seller probably never sets eyes on the items they sell. All together a very very very negative experience when any issue occurrs ie an item being faulty.

Simple terms its a lottery if ur item not faulty happy days if it is god help u...
Old 30th October 2015

Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboo View Post
OUTCOME

Had a close shave as soon as i raised a dispute the seller told me the london address to send the item, which was a self storage place. Thankfully I used Ebay for the messages to create an audit trail. Prior to sending I noticed the original package had a centre in Salford printed on it.

I rang ebay as i was sceptical.

Ebay confirmed the London address so I sent it there. Next thing paypal sent me a message asking me to return the item to Austrailia as this is the registered paypal address.

I swiftly tracked my item then messaged the seller for confirmation of delivery.
They replied a day after receiving the item stating it would take 24-48 hours to look at the item.

I contactd paypal due to the address issue. They initially were suggesting that I should have sent the item to Austrailia luckily I had the audit trail otherwise buyer protection wouldnt have kicked in. I sent a copy of the tracking receipt and paypal issued a refund rather than the seller.

In simple terms I dont recommend Kacha as they operate in a mysterious way no doubt
operate from Austrailia but use suppliers that have imported to uk then post out from uk hence delay in delivery and previous negative feedback to do with poorly wrapped items. The actual seller probably never sets eyes on the items they sell. All together a very very very negative experience when any issue occurrs ie an item being faulty.

Simple terms its a lottery if ur item not faulty happy days if it is god help u...
And that's why I always buy 'new' from official UK stock. Yes it costs more, but most problems are easier to sort out, I am effectively supporting the 'UK arm' of given company which in turn is helping to keep an official presence in the UK, helping to keep UK dealers alive ... you can't get 'everything' off of the web ... if you know of a truly good 'bricks and mortar' shop which offers great service and helping to keep our high streets going then 'use them or lose them'.

Just think for a moment ..... this site is sponsored by Olympus "UK" , not Olympus 'some other country' , given the amount of 'grey' purchasing that is posted on here these days I fear it is only a matter of time before Olympus UK stops its official support and promotions that it has run for this forum

Kind regards, Simon
Old 30th October 2015
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,437 Times in 2,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Bee View Post
And that's why I always buy 'new' from official UK stock. Yes it costs more, but most problems are easier to sort out, I am effectively supporting the 'UK arm' of given company which in turn is helping to keep an official presence in the UK, helping to keep UK dealers alive ... you can't get 'everything' off of the web ... if you know of a truly good 'bricks and mortar' shop which offers great service and helping to keep our high streets going then 'use them or lose them'.

Just think for a moment ..... this site is sponsored by Olympus "UK" , not Olympus 'some other country' , given the amount of 'grey' purchasing that is posted on here these days I fear it is only a matter of time before Olympus UK stops its official support and promotions that it has run for this forum

Kind regards, Simon
Whilst we don't endorse or encourage threads that publicise grey imports we nevertheless accept that members will wish to discuss these from time to time. Placing a ban on such threads would be counter productive and heavy handed. However, when things go wrong with this type of transaction it is tempting to say "I told you so," but given the problems another member is currently experiencing with Olympus Service Plus that has rather a hollow ring at the moment....

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 30th October 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Whilst we don't endorse or encourage threads that publicise grey imports we nevertheless accept that members will wish to discuss these from time to time. Placing a ban on such threads would be counter productive and heavy handed. However, when things go wrong with this type of transaction it is tempting to say "I told you so," but given the problems another member is currently experiencing with Olympus Service Plus that has rather a hollow ring at the moment....
Its the first and last time i buy from a grey importer. All my other kit is from bonified UK stockists UK spec lesson learnt say no more from my perspective.
:-)
SRS will eventually get my custom again when i can the extra cost, time to add it to my crimbo list.
Zuiko (30th October 2015)