Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st June 2012

Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: Model shoot on Brighton Beach bandstand

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyPaul View Post
Indeed it is subjective Bob and you are perfectly correct.

The thing is to get anything out of a critique you have to be a little thick skinned and take the things you agree with from it, and discard the suggestions you do not agree with without being offended, this is how you improve at the end of the day.

Sometimes after a suggestion I will think now why did I not see or think of that and incorporate it, other times I will not agree and discard it and give a polite thank you for your suggestion.

No need to get offended has it is all subjective at the end of the day.

I'll not comment on Ian's image has I have commented on most of them at DPN.
I suppose that it is praise, indeed, for any photo if you get any response whatsoever, whereas no comments at all sends a different message.

To repeat my previous question, is there such a thing as perfection? Perhaps it should be called "Looking for improvement" and then anyone posting a picture that doesn't get any response would think that it must be perfect!Heh, heh!

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
The Following User Says Thank You to BobS For This Useful Post:
StephenL (1st June 2012)