Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-450

Old 27th September 2011
emalamb900

Help olympus e450 versus ep2

I own an Olympus E450. I have only the standard lens that comes with it the 14-44 mm

I like taking portraits and was looking at buying a new lens.

I am going traveling for 6 months and wanted a small camera that takes good pictures and allows me to control the apperture. While looking for lenses for my E450 I came across the Olympus P2 camera and have seen some great deals

I just wanted to ask some advice. Would it be a good camera to trade my more bulky E450 in for without down grading the quality of my photos too much?
Old 30th November 2011
Sprocketdog23

Re: Help olympus e450 versus ep2

I have it's earlier sibling, the E-P1, which I took travelling around Spain. I'm glad I did, as I had to travel light and the E-P1 produces tremendous images. The E-P2 has a few more enhancements and would make a great travel camera. You will probably be wise to get a spare battery, and the 17mm pancake lens (on my wish list for the future) would be a great combination. Although the E-P2 might not be as quick to operate as your SLR, you gain in it's handy size and the image quality will be pretty similar to your current set-up