Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Photo challenges

Photo challenges Meet the challenge of posting your photos in fun competitions set by e-group users, or set one yourself!

Old 21st January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2nd E Group Photo Challenge

Well here we are folks the 2nd E Group Challenge, I am sure that by now all of us UK dwellers are a bit fed up of the grey drab not to mention often wet whether we have experienced over the last few weeks, what we need is some “Colour” to cheer us all up!!
I will leave the subject matter up to individuals please just follow the theme, you have the next 2 weeks to submit your entry, so let us all go out and find some “Colour”
GOOD LUCK.

Theme: “Colour”Closing Date: 18:00 GMT on Monday 4th February 2008
Prize: fame, recognition, and the unique accolade of being the winner of the 2nd EGC

The Rules:
1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – “Colour” that must have been taken recently i.e. between Monday 21st January 2008 through Monday 4th February 2008.
2. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter the challenge and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to me at ndl0071@yahoo.com Please clearly indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier for me to organise)
3. Entries to the challenge should;
a. Contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders
b. must be jpg format and 800 px on the longest edge
c. must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. have all EXIF data maintained.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.
5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. If you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in an email to me before the closing date, and also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

On the evening of the closing date, I will place all the submitted images into a thread(s) on here and should you wish to vote, please send me your top 3 selection via PM or email. Voting will be open for 1 week only and the results of the 1st EGC will be announced on the evening of Monday 11th February 2008.

If you are having trouble submitting an entry into the challenge, either post a message here, send me a PM, or send me an email and I will gladly assist
Old 24th January 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Re: 2nd E Group Photo Challenge

Ooooh, nice theme there sir for this 2nd EGChallenge. I already have a few ideas that spring to mind.

Old 24th January 2008
SonorG

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I agree, this has me going. I know exactly what I want to shot but can't find where I'd find it, grrr
Old 24th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ive got an idea but am i brave enough to walk there with my camera
Old 27th January 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I managed to take a great (in my opinion), images for the Challenge. I normally put everything away before copying the images, but this time I forgot.

Yep, I dropped my E-510 with the FL-50 attached. It's not a pretty picture (attached)

I hope my insurance company will be nice to me. I still have the wife’s E-400 to play with. :-)
Old 28th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Folks

Just wanted to remind you all that you have now just under a week to get your entries to me for this comp, closing date is next Mon at 1800.

Remember, 'you've got to be in it to win it' (Cheesey I know but gets the point over well)

Any questions, please shout

Thanks
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndl0071 View Post
Well here we are folks the 2nd E Group Challenge, I am sure that by now all of us UK dwellers are a bit fed up of the grey drab not to mention often wet whether we have experienced over the last few weeks, what we need is some “Colour” to cheer us all up!!
I will leave the subject matter up to individuals please just follow the theme, you have the next 2 weeks to submit your entry, so let us all go out and find some “Colour”
GOOD LUCK.

Theme: “Colour”Closing Date: 18:00 GMT on Monday 4th February 2008
Prize: fame, recognition, and the unique accolade of being the winner of the 2nd EGC

The Rules:
1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – “Colour” that must have been taken recently i.e. between Monday 21st January 2008 through Monday 4th February 2008.
2. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter the challenge and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to me at ndl0071@yahoo.com Please clearly indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier for me to organise)
3. Entries to the challenge should;
a. Contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects or borders
b. must be jpg format and 800 px on the longest edge
c. must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. have all EXIF data maintained.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.
5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. If you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in an email to me before the closing date, and also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

On the evening of the closing date, I will place all the submitted images into a thread(s) on here and should you wish to vote, please send me your top 3 selection via PM or email. Voting will be open for 1 week only and the results of the 2nd EGC will be announced on the evening of Monday 11th February 2008.

If you are having trouble submitting an entry into the challenge, either post a message here, send me a PM, or send me an email and I will gladly assist