Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-620/600

Olympus E-620/600 An Olympus 12.1MP mid-range compact DSLR, the E-620 and the feature-reduiced version, the E-600.

Old 13th April 2010
donmcmahan

E-600 Raw files???

I don't have an E-600 but I had thought of getting one but am put off the idea by the fact that ACR doesn't recognize the raw files. as I am a Lightzone user I thought I would see if Lightzone supports E-600 raw files. It is not on the list of supported cameras but I decided to contact Lightzone tech support and I got the following reply

LightZone does not yet support the Olympus E-600. While the camera is similar to the E-620, it does not appear that the RAW image files from the E-600 are exactly the same as the E-620. We base that statement on one report we received from a LightZone user who told us that LightZone would open images from the E-600, but that they we're not properly corrected for exposure, color, etc. in the LightZone Editor. As soon as we receive sample RAW files for this camera, we'll be happy to add it to or list of cameras we will try and support in future releases of LightZone.

so anyone on the forum with an E-600 might consider getting a trial copy of LightZone and giving it a go let us know how it works and maybe send some images to the LightZone developers.
Old 13th April 2010

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: E-600 Raw files???

Don you can change the file name from e600 to 620 and then the files should be recognized in Adobe.What I mean is you can use an exif editor to change the model from 600 to 620.It will then be imported into lightroom
Iain
Old 13th April 2010
donmcmahan

Thanks Iain, I had heard there was that approach and out of curiosity I downloaded Exif Tool which is a command line thing that you run from the terminal window, and I gave it a try and failed to come to grips with it. As I already had Lightzone,(I don't normally use it for raw conversion) I just wanted to see if there was an easier way.
Old 13th April 2010

Liked 129 Times in 42 Posts

Assuming you use Windows, you can't run it from the terminal window, you need the GUI - I've uploaded the full folder from my own laptop, so just download, unzip, then create a shortcut to ExiftoolGUI on the desktop - run it, then just highlight the E600 files, click the arrow under the 'EXIF' at the top right, then edit the camera type...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/x2zmjrjzyyt/ExifTool.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to DekHog For This Useful Post:
meach (16th September 2010)
Old 14th April 2010
donmcmahan

I am not on windows, I use a mac and I have not found a working download link for a mac version of the GUI.
Old 14th April 2010
Toonman

Thanks Dekhog, very helpful, now I can use the raw files in ACR. Does the program have any way of batch editing? I could not find any.
Adam
Old 14th April 2010

Yes, just select all the files you want to change by selecting all the thumbnails, then just click the arrow under EXIF and change the camera type - it'll change all the selected files as a batch....
Old 14th April 2010
Toonman

Thanks Dekhog.
Old 14th April 2010
Administrator

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,228 Posts
Liked 1,640 Times in 734 Posts

Could someone email me an E-600 RAW file? If yes, please send to admin@e-group.uk.net.

Thanks,

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 14th April 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Could someone email me an E-600 RAW file? If yes, please send to admin@e-group.uk.net.
Ian - RAW file too big for email, and it wouldn't upload to Mediafire, so it had to be the old faithful..... Rapidshare!
Old 17th April 2010
Toonman

Just found this RAW convertor that can open E600 files. http://www.photo-freeware.net/downlo...ng.php?id=1292 And it's free!

Adam