Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 31st July 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WTB: Olympus 9-18mm

Well I've tracked down a 25mm pancake lens but I'm looking at getting something for wide angle and I believe the 9-18 best suits my needs, a bit wider than the 11-22 and I have little need for the faster lens in my photography, so considering just buying one brand new but would be interested to see if anyone has a 9-18mm kicking about.
Old 1st August 2009
Makonde

Re: WTB: Olympus 9-18mm

I am also in the market for a 9-18 so cough some up, chaps.

However, so new and so well-received is this lens that despite its high price I think we'll have to buy a new one, chrism
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys,

I do not know if this helps, I found a used 9-18mm for sale on the LCE (London Camera Exchange) website at their Norwich branch while surfing this morning priced at 399.

Details as follows

Olympus 9-18mm f4-5.6

Type: Lenses

Condition: ***

Price 399

Description:
Call 01603 612537 for details on how to order or for product enquiries.

http://www.lcegroup.co.uk/SHdetails.asp?Item=10558

Their new price is 509.99 so there is a reasonable saving, I wonder if they might take on offer?

Cheers

Chris
Old 1st August 2009
Makonde

Jessops have it new for 439..... Ebay seller from Hong Kong with good crits has it for 330 new plus 30 P&P international warranty
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Keith,

The Jessops price looks good as you would get a 2 year UK Olympus warranty, are there any Jessops voucher codes around? That might get another 5-10% off the 439.

Good luck

Chris
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are a few voucher codes around that appear to valid currently, either 5% or 20 off for the price of the 9-18mm

http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/Jessops--641.html

http://www.vouchercodes.com/vouchers/jessops.htm

http://www.vouchers-and-deals.co.uk/...FUoB4wodnnsw_A

http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/jessops.com

Cheers

Chris
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makonde View Post
Jessops have it new for 439..... Ebay seller from Hong Kong with good crits has it for 330 new plus 30 P&P international warranty
I noticed Jessops but its on special order so it could take weeks to get it, its 448 from Warehouse Express and 445 from Calumet (Luckily I have one across the road), am I right in thinking that you would still get a warranty if you bought an Olympus lens from Hong Kong?
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Chris,

Yes you would, there would be the standard 1 year Olypmus international warranty. Olympus UK gives a 2 year warranty for UK bought stock.

You would just have to take the gamble on what if any import tax was charged.

Have you thought of contacting Kerso for a price?

Cheers

Chris
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainD View Post
Dear Chris,

Yes you would, there would be the standard 1 year Olypmus international warranty. Olympus UK gives a 2 year warranty for UK bought stock.

You would just have to take the gamble on what if any import tax was charged.

Have you thought of contacting Kerso for a price?

Cheers

Chris
I haven't no, I thought Kerso only did Canon stuff?
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Chris,

Kerso has helped many forum members out with Olympus goodies including my dad. Contact him directly for the best price, he is registered on this forum.

Cheers

Chris
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Uncle just recently picked up a 9-18 from Carmarthen Cameras although it has the price of 449 listed on their website he gave them a call and then eventually went to the shop in person and they were more than happy to price match and take a little bit more off again , I can't remember exactly what it cost him now, as he had quite a few other bits and pieces too with the total coming to 450, but I remember him telling me that the lens was 20 cheaper than anywhere else he could find (UK stock) online at the time. From what they said they are fairly new to Olympus and it sounded very much like they wanted to get their name out there - and I suppose me posting about it means that there tactics are working. Anyway with Jessops offering the lens for 399 it's got to be well worth giving them a call to see if they will equal it worst you'll get is a no but you might even be lucky...
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
My Uncle just recently picked up a 9-18 from Carmarthen Cameras although it has the price of 449 listed on their website he gave them a call and then eventually went to the shop in person and they were more than happy to price match and take a little bit more off again , I can't remember exactly what it cost him now, as he had quite a few other bits and pieces too with the total coming to 450, but I remember him telling me that the lens was 20 cheaper than anywhere else he could find (UK stock) online at the time. From what they said they are fairly new to Olympus and it sounded very much like they wanted to get their name out there - and I suppose me posting about it means that there tactics are working. Anyway with Jessops offering the lens for 399 it's got to be well worth giving them a call to see if they will equal it worst you'll get is a no but you might even be lucky...
Thanks mate, I've emailed Kerso to see what he can do, I've dealt with Carmathen before was very impressed, didn't realise they did Olympus too/=.
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism_scotland View Post
Thanks mate, I've emailed Kerso to see what he can do, I've dealt with Carmathen before was very impressed, didn't realise they did Olympus too/=.

Nothing wrong with Kerso either I bought my 70-300 and Spyder2 from him a long time ago at a good price and would happily use him again. If you are at all bothered by guarantees though bear in mind that they will only have the 1 yr international gurantee rather than the UK/EU 2yr guarantee.
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

375 from Kerso Inc P&P, but yeah only 12 month warranty, or roughly 465 from Carmathen albeit with a two year warranty, really worth the extra cost?
Old 1st August 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

465 wow they've hiked up the price a bit in 10 days or so. So much for my recommendation / suggestion to try them .
One extra year of guarantee certainly isn't worth 90 to me although everyone has their own views on that - hence why I mentioned the 1 yr vs 2 yr coverage above. I take the view that most things will fail within the first few hours if there's a clear fault. Anyway hope you manage to find a good deal on the lens...