Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 4th May 2019

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Re: Any Gardeners Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM USer View Post
It will continue to grow unless you put it in a pot to restrict the root growth. Take a chance and move it.
Is the correct answer. Root growth must be restricted, consider this a "bonsai" project !
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyfromalnwick For This Useful Post:
OM USer (5th May 2019)
Old 4th May 2019

Liked 2,941 Times in 857 Posts
Re: Any Gardeners Here?

We had a Cordyline in the garden and in about 12 years it grew from a cute plant to a 10 feet tall tree. It had to go to make way for a summerhouse and it was hard work to remove it.

I cut off the top growth and dug around the roots which were fibrous and not very extensive. I was then able to pull it over with ropes and cut the trunk up. That left a stump in the hole about 30 inches tall. The wood was dense, sappy and extremely heavy. I had to use a sheet of wood as a ramp and by hauling on ropes two of just about managed to pull it out of the hole.

What I am saying is: even with the size of the Cordyline in the photo, expect it to be heavy to move, especially with a good rootball attached. Good luck.

Ron
The Following User Liked This Post:
Gate Keeper (5th May 2019)