Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 184 Times in 125 Posts
DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer

DXO have an offer at the moment of the new "NIK collection 2" suite of plugins, also including a "free" copy of DXO PhotoLab 2 Essential Edition, for one-off price of £86.99. (No rental charges). Offer expires in a couple of days.

I like PhotoLab - I have the Elite edition and also the DXO Viewpoint add-on. NIK has a good reputation but I've never used it. This seems like a good offer for someone who wants both.

Annoyingly for those of us who are already PhotoLab users, there is no price for buying the NIK components alone as an add-on; you have to spend £86.99 on a package which includes a "free" copy of what you've already bought.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Liked 184 Times in 125 Posts
Re: DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer

Copy of an email to their support line (following up a previous reply saying there was no upgrade price for an existing PhotoLab user to add just the NIK bits):

Hello again.

I'm sorry to say that, as an established customer, I find that *very* disappointing. It seems that a new customer for PhotoLab Essential edition could get NIK for free (NIK + PhotoLab Essential is the same price as PhotoLab Essential alone, £87) yet an established PhotoLab customer like me has to pay the full £87 just to get the NIK addons which a new PhotoLab customer could get for free.

Can I ask that someone review this pricing policy which seems to be very unfair to your established and loyal customers. It creates incentives not to spend but to hold off until a better offer appears.

I like your products but your pricing policy is bizarre. I will not be purchasing the NIK software unless or until you come up with a fairer pricing policy which is not punishing your established customer base.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DXO PhotoLab & NIK offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEW View Post
DXO have an offer at the moment of the new "NIK collection 2" suite of plugins, also including a "free" copy of DXO PhotoLab 2 Essential Edition, for one-off price of £86.99. (No rental charges). Offer expires in a couple of days.

I like PhotoLab - I have the Elite edition and also the DXO Viewpoint add-on. NIK has a good reputation but I've never used it. This seems like a good offer for someone who wants both.

Annoyingly for those of us who are already PhotoLab users, there is no price for buying the NIK components alone as an add-on; you have to spend £86.99 on a package which includes a "free" copy of what you've already bought.
The free downloads of the original Nik collection can still be found online. Itís not clear to me that the products have been significantly updated since then, nor that the integration of them with PhotoLab is seamless enough to provide a great advantage in owning the integrated version.

So maybe thatís a solution worth pursuing, just download the standalone Nik package? Itís cheaper, anyway!