Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 18th December 2007
beardedwombat

Excellent value E-3 Remote cable

I purchased one of these for my E-3 from Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HQ-Remote-Swit...QQcmdZViewItem it took a couple of weeks to get here as it was opened by customs but it works very well indeed and for the price is terrific value for money.

What really irritates me is that camera manufacturers love fitting ridiculously small fiddly plastic caps on remote and flash sockets - why? The sockets look like an aftermarket bodge. Why not put them under a nice rubber flap like the USB and power supply sockets? Sorry, rant over.
Chris
Old 19th December 2007
PeterD

Re: Excellent value E-3 Remote cable

Thanks Chris. I was looking for one of those and the price is right. There are only 3 left with this seller in case anyone else is considering making a purchase.

PeterD
Old 19th December 2007

Liked 272 Times in 112 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Melaka

I wish I'd known that before spending ten times as much on the Olympus version, albeit back in my E20 days!
Old 19th December 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up on this Chris, I've just bought 1 only 1 left now so if you want it better be quick.

Ian C.
Old 19th December 2007

Liked 664 Times in 282 Posts

This guy has then in stock:
http://stores.ebay.com/FOTOPUS-ONLINE-STORE

I've used him twice and had no problems with less than 7 day delivery both times. I ripped the lead from the socket on the last cable, so I've just ordered another at 6.62.