Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th February 2019

Liked 1,305 Times in 346 Posts
Adobe LR - no more updates - options?

Hi

When in process of updating LR to be able to process G9 RW2 files I noticed that Adobe have declared that this will be the last version (unless you subscribe to CC, which I don't). I will hopefully "survive" for some time as the latest/last version of LR supports the RAW formats that I have in my library, however mid/long term I will probably have to do something about this.

What are the options, apart from having to subscribe to CC? Are there any alternatives to LR? Development settings and metadata/tags need to be preserved either importing the LR library and/or the sidecar files with metadata. My library contains 50k+ photos, all with precious user defined tags and development settings.

I should perhaps mention I, previous to LR, used DXO however dropped it as I disliked their licensing policy (they were forcing me to buy a Pro license to read E5 RAW files). Meaning I am not to eager to spend more money on their products.

Or should I concede and accept being billed monthly?

Thanks
Tord

My Gallery on 500px