Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 4th July 2017

Liked 214 Times in 58 Posts
Blackbushe 75th Anniversary Airshow

Peter Teichman in P-51D ‘Tall In The Saddle’ prior to taxiing for take off. by mack100, on Flickr

P-51D ‘Tall In The Saddle’ by mack100, on Flickr

“Muscle” Pitts of Richard Goodwin by mack100, on Flickr

Hurricane of Battle of Britain Memorial Flight by mack100, on Flickr

Mixed bag of a day last Saturday, very overcast until mid-afternoon and because of some goings on I don't understand there were fewer aircraft.
I went as a "training" exercise before Yeovilton RNAS Air day this weekend never having used m4/3 for aircraft .
I'm glad I did because for some reason I hadn't turned off the in-viewfinder review so tracking was very difficult.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Beagletorque (5th July 2017), iso (5th July 2017), MJ224 (4th July 2017), OM USer (4th July 2017), PeterBirder (4th July 2017), The Technician (4th July 2017), Thomas Westhead (6th July 2017)
Old 4th July 2017

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts
Re: Blackbushe 75th Anniversary Airshow

A very nice set, the practice obviously paid off.

Nice prop blur.

Interesting to actually see P. Teichman "in the flesh" as it were. He often practices his display routines over Abberton Reservoir where our Wildlife Trust reserve is located. Nice to see the flying displays but he is not at all appreciated by the Trust.The site is a wetland of international importance for wintering ducks and geese. All his appearances are logged and reported to the CAA and Natural England as part of a capaign to get the area designated as a prohibited area for low flying. As a birder and an aviation enthusiast I'm in a difficult position.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.
Old 4th July 2017

Thanked 1,116 Times in 699 Posts
Liked 1,451 Times in 726 Posts

#2/- Might this be a possible nod to the 99th Pursuit/Fighter Tuskegee Squadron of WWII fame? They flew the P51 Mustang with a red tail which was their trademark.

Nice capture by the way.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

The Following Users Liked This Post:
mack100 (5th July 2017), PeterBirder (4th July 2017)
Old 4th July 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
#2/- Might this be a possible nod to the 99th Pursuit/Fighter Tuskagee Squdron of WWII fame? They flew the P51 Mustang with a red tail which was their trademark.

Nice capture by the way.
Yes, these markings are those of an aircraft flown by Lt George Hardy. His sevice continued right through to the Vietnam War and he retired as a Lt. Col in November 1971.

See here. http://www.starduststudios.com/tuskegee-airmen.html

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
The Following User Liked This Post:
mack100 (5th July 2017)
Old 5th July 2017

Liked 214 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterBirder View Post
A very nice set, the practice obviously paid off.

Nice prop blur.

Interesting to actually see P. Teichman "in the flesh" as it were. He often practices his display routines over Abberton Reservoir where our Wildlife Trust reserve is located. Nice to see the flying displays but he is not at all appreciated by the Trust.The site is a wetland of international importance for wintering ducks and geese. All his appearances are logged and reported to the CAA and Natural England as part of a capaign to get the area designated as a prohibited area for low flying. As a birder and an aviation enthusiast I'm in a difficult position.

Regards.
Interesting, I think he keeps 4 planes at North Weald airfield.
As far as I'm concerned the birds come first, there's plenty of sky for him to fly in!
PeterBirder (5th July 2017)
Old 5th July 2017

Thanked 1,150 Times in 1,025 Posts
Liked 1,230 Times in 800 Posts

Can you not train a flock of geese to fly high and when he appears bomb his aircraft? A few times having to clean it and he might stay away.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
PeterBirder (5th July 2017)
Old 5th July 2017

Quote:
Yes, these markings are those of an aircraft flown by Lt George Hardy. His sevice continued right through to the Vietnam War and he retired as a Lt. Col in November 1971.

See here. http://www.starduststudios.com/tuskegee-airmen.html

Regards.
Update.

Further research has shown that this aircraft is in fact is the genuine "Red Tail" item and at one time in its career wore the markings it currently carries. Remarkably it has never needed to be renovated and is entirely original.

See here. http://www.hangar11.co.uk/mustang.html and here http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapp...1D&dataindex=7

Regards.

OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterBirder For This Useful Post:
Wally (6th July 2017)
Wally (6th July 2017)
Old 6th July 2017

Thanked 1,116 Times in 699 Posts
Liked 1,451 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Update.

Further research has shown that this aircraft is in fact is the genuine "Red Tail" item and at one time in its career wore the markings it currently carries. Remarkably it has never needed to be renovated and is entirely original.

See here. http://www.hangar11.co.uk/mustang.html and here http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapp...1D&dataindex=7

Regards.
Just to add a wee bit more info about the Tuskegee 'Red Tails' Airmen - if all are correct from the original Tuskegee Airmen film - then they set an exceptionally high bar.

#1/- Formally requested by bomber crew(s) - unheard off - that 'their squadron(s)' be tasked to fly CAP - Combat Air Patrol during US daylight bomber missions over Germany where bombers were being shot down in great numbers. *Existing CAP were more interested in getting kills than protecting the bombers.

#2/- They were credited that they never lost an aircraft during these CAP missions.

#3/- Credited to having sunk a German naval warship using only machine gun fire.

#4/- One of the highest decorated US squadrons of WWII.

Not bad going for a group categorised as unfit for military duties by US General Staff who were ultimately pushed / shamed / forced into accepting them by Eleanor Roosevelt the Presidents wife.

This link might help understand what they went through in order to serve http://www.tuskegeemuseum.org/who-were-they/

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

The Following User Says Thank You to Wally For This Useful Post:
PeterBirder (6th July 2017)