Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II The first OM-D's successor.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 23rd March 2015
Simon Bee's Avatar
Simon Bee Simon Bee is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 142
Thanked 210 Times in 179 Posts
Likes: 421
Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Thanks to Otto ..........

Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Curiously I was able to log in to https://myolympus.olympus-consumer.com/ which displays the German version of the site and register my details there

"BINGO" ....... Thanks Otto,

I just logged into my account via the German site and hey guess what? ....... Yes all of my product registrations are there, including the prompt for the 'activation code' for the 3 year warranty on the 5MkII. It's all in German but so what, at least they have a record of everything I registered and I still have access to the data. I guess that's German efficiency for you

So thanks Otto for I would never have thought of trying that, perhaps I should learn German

Kind regards, Simon
__________________
One should take the "PLANK" out of one's own eye before trying to take a "splinter" out of someone else's
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 23rd March 2015
snerkler snerkler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 852
Thanks: 306
Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
Likes: 205
Liked 356 Times in 94 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Bee View Post
Thanks to Otto ..........

Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Curiously I was able to log in to https://myolympus.olympus-consumer.com/ which displays the German version of the site and register my details there

"BINGO" ....... Thanks Otto,

I just logged into my account via the German site and hey guess what? ....... Yes all of my product registrations are there, including the prompt for the 'activation code' for the 3 year warranty on the 5MkII. It's all in German but so what, at least they have a record of everything I registered and I still have access to the data. I guess that's German efficiency for you

So thanks Otto for I would never have thought of trying that, perhaps I should learn German

Kind regards, Simon
See my post just before yours, German efficiency's not as good as you think
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 23rd March 2015
Otto's Avatar
Otto Otto is online now
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 2,911
Thanks: 88
Thanked 266 Times in 234 Posts
Likes: 998
Liked 841 Times in 540 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

When I registered my lens the German site offered me a free 6 month warranty, even though it was purchased second hand!
__________________
Regards
Richard
Reply With Quote
The Following User Liked This Post:
snerkler (23rd March 2015)
  #169  
Old 23rd March 2015
snerkler snerkler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 852
Thanks: 306
Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
Likes: 205
Liked 356 Times in 94 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
When I registered my lens the German site offered me a free 6 month warranty, even though it was purchased second hand!
Lol, brilliant
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 23rd March 2015
Otto's Avatar
Otto Otto is online now
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 2,911
Thanks: 88
Thanked 266 Times in 234 Posts
Likes: 998
Liked 841 Times in 540 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Had I been able to understand the German Ts & Cs I might have taken them up on it
__________________
Regards
Richard
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 24th March 2015
Simon Bee's Avatar
Simon Bee Simon Bee is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 142
Thanked 210 Times in 179 Posts
Likes: 421
Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

UK/Eire site now appears to be 'back up and running'. I have logged-in and all my products show once more as does the activation code for the 5mkII

So THANK YOU Olympus, I did not enjoy 'bashing' you but it has been rather frustrating. Anyway, hopefully that's the past and the bugs are now ironed out, so far so good

Kind regards, Simon
__________________
One should take the "PLANK" out of one's own eye before trying to take a "splinter" out of someone else's
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 25th March 2015
snerkler snerkler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 852
Thanks: 306
Thanked 49 Times in 42 Posts
Likes: 205
Liked 356 Times in 94 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

It may be up and running but I still don't have the extra 6 months warranty on my camera

Also, how long did it take to get your promo code and bag through after they accepted your application as I still don't have mine?
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 25th March 2015
pault pault is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herts
Posts: 846
Thanks: 154
Thanked 117 Times in 64 Posts
Likes: 589
Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Don't have the extra 6 months warranty either. They still have problems to sort out, guess we will just have to wait.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 25th March 2015
Simon Bee's Avatar
Simon Bee Simon Bee is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 142
Thanked 210 Times in 179 Posts
Likes: 421
Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerkler View Post
It may be up and running but I still don't have the extra 6 months warranty on my camera

Also, how long did it take to get your promo code and bag through after they accepted your application as I still don't have mine?
Activation code and bag arrived in a little over one week after registration.

Sounds like there are still some problems then

Hope it all gets sorted for you soon.

Perhaps I should check again just incase everything has vanished again.

Kind regards, Simon
__________________
One should take the "PLANK" out of one's own eye before trying to take a "splinter" out of someone else's
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 25th March 2015
Simon Bee's Avatar
Simon Bee Simon Bee is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 142
Thanked 210 Times in 179 Posts
Likes: 421
Liked 294 Times in 185 Posts
Re: Gone 'n' done it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
Don't have the extra 6 months warranty either. They still have problems to sort out, guess we will just have to wait.

H'mmm, annoying, to think about it I didn't look to see if they have added the 6 months but my 3 year activation code is there, I'll check again.

Kind regards, Simon
__________________
One should take the "PLANK" out of one's own eye before trying to take a "splinter" out of someone else's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger