Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 30th June 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Jacobs goes into Administration

there was no announcement of the Edinburgh store closing which I just discovered to my shock last night has already happened. Jacobs was the store I bought my OM-D from and the manager and one or two other staff members were genuine m43 enthusiasts. And they happily price matched the 25mm 1.4 which I bought shortly before. Compare this with the more or less next door Jessops where most of the staff have indeed never heard of an OM-D, then it's sad day. Yes, there's a lot they could have done better but I can now only hope that somehow, against the odds, Jessops gets a new lease of life or a genuine competitor steps up because there is nothing now in Edinburgh (apart from the very handy Camerabase but really you go there for legacy lenses etc as new stuff is mostly RRP and there's very little stock anyway).

David