Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1

Olympus OM-D E-M1 The first Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 9th April 2015
Alpha1

New Sony m4/3 sensor for Olympus?

I really hope that this comes to fruition!
http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-may-...thirds-sensor/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Linzdt (16th April 2015), paullus (16th April 2015)
The Following User Liked This Post:
paullus (16th April 2015)
Old 16th April 2015
Alpha1

Re: New Sony m4/3 sensor for Olympus?

Looks like I'm the only one hoping, on this forum anyway!
Old 16th April 2015

Thanked 1,234 Times in 977 Posts
Liked 1,796 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
No, someone else was posting about them a day before you did. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37213
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Old 16th April 2015

Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
Well I am quite interested though I really do not need the temptation of an expensive upgrade for my E-M1. I already have the forthcoming 300mm F4 on my wish list not to mention my longstanding expensive Leica habit!
Old 16th April 2015
Alpha1

Thank you Ross for indicating that one. I usually only look at the E-M1 section and the photo section, which is why I missed it!

No one has commented on the use of the return of the Sony sensor to Olympus though. I like the smooth colour palette often obtained with the Sony sensor and engine. Any focusing improvements over v3.0 would be very welcome as an extra bonus.

If it wasn't old age and the necessity to down size to more manageable bulk and weight, I would probably still be shooting Sony!
Old 16th April 2015

Liked 282 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayewing View Post
Well I am quite interested though I really do not need the temptation of an expensive upgrade for my E-M1. I already have the forthcoming 300mm F4 on my wish list not to mention my longstanding expensive Leica habit!
Interesting indeed, however my recently acquired em5 MKII is all "I" want and need, and I love it's handling and retro look. Like you the forthcoming 300mm will be of more interest to me, also like you I have a rather longstanding and expensive 'Leica Habit', so much so that I have today pre-ordered the new limited edition '1959 barrel' 50mm F1.4 Asph

Kind regards, Simon