Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 23rd March 2010

Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts
Mossy trees down the burn.

A Sunday walk down Haltwhistle burn (stream) yielded many shots of moist vegetation taken with one of three cameras : e-410, e-600, G1 ;

>
>
>
>
And some rocky river shots.

[/QUOTE]
Let me know what's best: full images embedded or thumbnails?
Old 24th March 2010

Liked 71 Times in 37 Posts
Re: Mossy trees down the burn.

Full images for me - if someone's going to show photos on the forum then let the photos shout out at the viewer. We're all fans of the Olympus cameras and it's always good to see in full intimate detail what the capabilities of the camera (as well as of the photographers ) are.
Also, if you've used different cameras for each of the photos, make a note with each photo of the camera used, as in this type of situation it can be interesting to see similar photos in a way that we can compare the different cameras. No doubt the EXIF data is embedded in the photos, but it just makes life a little quicker and easier for the viewer.

It's interesting with the first three similar photos how different each is. I probably go for No.2 as it has thrown the background out of focus and so helps make the moss covered branches stand out more.
No.4 is possibly slightly blurred but central part of the image makes for a fab photo of moss covered branches, ferns and the feel of an ancient damp world.
Haltwhistle Burn (and the Halwhistle area in general) has lots of possiblities with old mining / quarry remains, plus some wonderful rivers and contrasts of scenery, but I'd forgotten how mossy and damp the burn looks and feels!

Regards
Chris
Old 24th March 2010

Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts
Re: Mossy trees down the burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
...Also, if you've used different cameras for each of the photos, make a note with each photo of the camera used, as in this type of situation it can be interesting to see similar photos in a way that we can compare the different cameras. No doubt the EXIF data is embedded in the photos, but it just makes life a little quicker and easier for the viewer.
Ah thanks Chris, I made a note about each camera in this similar post;
http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?p=17525#post17525
I will add camera/details henceforth. If I recall the first tree is Panny G1, the second is e-410 with cosinon50mm/f1.8 and the third is e-600 & kit 14-42 lens. Mostly 'vivid' settings.
As for 'full photos' I didn't really mean FULL, these are cropped down to 1200 (I think), down to about 500k each.