Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II The second Micro Four Thirds camera that offers phase detect focusing so you can use Four Thirds DSLR lenses normally as well a Micro Four Thirds lenses.

Old 21st November 2016

Liked 430 Times in 198 Posts
E-M1 Mkii Menu settings spreadsheet

The attached file provides an Excel spreadsheet for recording your camera's menu and custom settings when you configure it to suit your shooting preferences.

This s'sheet may be unnecessary in view of the statement at the end of the Readme file for the new release of the Olympus CameraUpdater program i.e. "Ver. 2.0 November 1, 2016
* Latest settings/Mysets can now be saved and loaded.
"

However it might be that you still wish to have a readable record of your camera's configuration, in which case I hope you find this useful.

Some caveats:
  1. Unlike Greg Bloor's spreadsheet for the original E-M1, this version does NOT use pictograms to represent the camera controls & functions.
    As a result it is much simpler to use the Excel range Hide/Expand tools to focus on & navigate (through the ~350 rows) to those areas of the settings which are of most interest.
If you find any significant errors/omissions please let me know.

This ZIP file contains a single .xlsx spreadsheet file, and the spreadsheet does NOT include any macros.

210161227 Spreadsheet updated to v1_00. Thanks to 'Lester' for pointing out the errors in the Custom mode 1 settings.

20170127 Spreadsheet updated to v1_01 incorporating some of mitchellwam's comments - see post 14 for more details.
EM1-Mkii Settings v1_01.zip

Here is a version of the settings spreadsheet containing the changes corresponding to Firmware Release 2.0
EM1-Mkii Settings v2_00.zip

Here is a version of the settings spreadsheet containing the changes corresponding to Firmware Release 3.0
EM1-Mkii Settings v3_00.zip

The "Notes" worksheet contains a list of the v3 changes so that users can cut/copy & paste the modified rows into their existing customised v2 settings spreadsheets - and thus avoid the need to re-enter all previous data

Last edited by Gwyver; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added spreadsheet v3_00 - corresponds to F/W release version 3.0
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Gwyver For This Useful Post:
Allan_Devon (21st February 2018), andrego (16th December 2016), ashtonsd (16th December 2016), Avante (1 Week Ago), AZ Mel (27th March 2018), bassman (21st November 2016), Bassman51 (16th December 2016), Beagletorque (10th December 2016), Bengeo (21st November 2016), bilbo (22nd November 2016), deejay (20th January 2018), Eclairewilliams (26th November 2016), Graham_of_Rainham (21st November 2016), Greytop (11th February 2017), IainMacD (4 Weeks Ago), JGobeil (24th December 2016), joh (14th December 2016), koskour (2nd March 2018), mack100 (1st December 2016), Mrs T (16th December 2016), OM USer (10th December 2016), PeterDepledge (1 Week Ago), steverh (21st November 2016), ThomD (16th December 2016), Tordan58 (2nd April 2018), TravelingChick (4 Weeks Ago), Wee man (28th February 2018), WGHalvorsen (24th December 2016)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
drmarkf (16th December 2016), koskour (2nd March 2018), Tordan58 (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 10th December 2016

Thanked 1,302 Times in 1,017 Posts
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,079 Posts
Re: E-M1 Mkii Menu settings spreadsheet

The other alternative is to print off the Menu pages 165 - 176 of the E-M1 Mk II Instruction Manual & scribble on them.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Liked This Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (20th December 2016)
Old 10th December 2016

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Also, the latest version of the Olympus Digital Camera Update allows you to save/restore your camera settings. I believe this will only work with the E-M1ii.

This could be useful if you have 2 mkii bodies that share the same settings or if you lose your settings after a firmware update.
Old 16th December 2016

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

FWIW, this will upload just fine into Google Sheets. That makes it each to access from mobile devices like phones and tablets.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bassman51 For This Useful Post:
Gwyver (16th December 2016)
Graham_of_Rainham (20th December 2016)
Old 18th December 2016

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing. I have added it to my Shared 'Evernote OMD Notebook'

https://www.evernote.com/pub/g2ews/omd

Best regards

Chris
Old 19th December 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum View Post
Also, the latest version of the Olympus Digital Camera Update allows you to save/restore your camera settings. I believe this will only work with the E-M1ii.

Be careful, this may not work on every occasion the camera f/w is updated. See: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...386#post401386
Old 19th December 2016

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyver View Post
Be careful, this may not work on every occasion the camera f/w is updated. See: http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...386#post401386
This, of course, is and has always been a ridiculous restriction by Olympus. There's absolutely no reason why the old settings couldn't be remapped into any conceivable new data structure, with new options set to default and no longer relevant options dropped. It's simply laziness in the part of Olympus engineering.
Old 27th December 2016

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Nice spreadsheet, thanks!

In the "Custom_Modes" worksheet, the way I read the manual for the custom settings, and the way they seem to come up in my camera, is that C1 is: AF all targets, not single target; C-AF, not S-AF; and SeqL, not SeqH.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lester For This Useful Post:
Gwyver (27th December 2016)
Old 27th December 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Nice spreadsheet, thanks!

In the "Custom_Modes" worksheet, the way I read the manual for the custom settings, and the way they seem to come up in my camera, is that C1 is: AF all targets, not single target; C-AF, not S-AF; and SeqL, not SeqH.
Lester,
Thanks for this. I've included your corrections in v1_00 of the spreadsheet which is now available as a replacement (see tha attachment in the OP).
Old 26th January 2017

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Dear Gwyver,

As a newbie to the Olympus world I found your settings spreadsheet to be enormously valuable! In going through it and recording my custom setting I changed a couple of areas to sync with the manual.

I can send you the revised spreadsheet if you would like - however I don't know how to do it on this forum.

I am from the US and member of several Olympus Facebook groups where some members have asked if anyone knows where to get something like your spreadsheet. I can direct them to this site (you'll be getting folks registering from all over the world).

Or I can put the spreadsheet in Dropbox (with proper attribution) and share the dropbox link to interested parties. But only with your explicit permission.

Again thanks for doing this and I look forward to your reply.

PS: I also sent this to the ADMIN account before I realized that I could reply directly to the thread.
Old 26th January 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellwam View Post
Dear Gwyver,

As a newbie to the Olympus world I found your settings spreadsheet to be enormously valuable! In going through it and recording my custom setting I changed a couple of areas to sync with the manual.

I can send you the revised spreadsheet if you would like - however I don't know how to do it on this forum.

I am from the US and member of several Olympus Facebook groups where some members have asked if anyone knows where to get something like your spreadsheet. I can direct them to this site (you'll be getting folks registering from all over the world).

Or I can put the spreadsheet in Dropbox (with proper attribution) and share the dropbox link to interested parties. But only with your explicit permission.

Again thanks for doing this and I look forward to your reply.

PS: I also sent this to the ADMIN account before I realized that I could reply directly to the thread.
You could either...
  1. ZIP your spreadsheet and attach it to a PM to me, so that I can subsequently update the spreadsheet on this site.
  2. Or, if there are only a couple of lines which you think need changing, why not post to this thread with the affected row numbers and a comment on the issues. That way all the existing spreadsheet users will be able to see how to amend their copies (without needing to copy their all data to a new version).
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th January 2017

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

The changes I made are:

A2/AF Set Home: there is a second level menu:

Function: AF Mode
Default: S1

Function: [All/Single/Cross/Box]
Default: [All]

Function: Zoom
Default: Zoom

B/Dial Function: I added the defaults for Lever Position 2:

Dial Function (F=Front Dial) R=Rear Dial)
P Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Ps, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
A Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=FNo., Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
S Lever1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
M Lever 1: F=FNo., R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=Exposure Comp, R=ISO

D1/Display Content

"Playback Settings" is Changed to "Info Settings"

I believe that these are accurate but would appreciate any comments/corrections.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchellwam For This Useful Post:
Gwyver (27th January 2017)
Graham_of_Rainham (26th January 2017)
Old 27th January 2017

Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Thanks for this, I have downloaded it and it should prove very useful with so many possible customisations! I was planning to print out the relevant manual pages and scribble on them - but this is much better.
Old 27th January 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellwam View Post
The changes I made are:

A2/AF Set Home: there is a second level menu:

Function: AF Mode
Default: S1

Function: [All/Single/Cross/Box]
Default: [All]

Function: Zoom
Default: Zoom

B/Dial Function: I added the defaults for Lever Position 2:

Dial Function (F=Front Dial) R=Rear Dial)
P Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Ps, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
A Lever 1: F=Exposure Comp, R=FNo., Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
S Lever1: F=Exposure Comp, R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=ISO, R=WB
M Lever 1: F=FNo., R=Shutter, Lever 2: F=Exposure Comp, R=ISO

D1/Display Content

"Playback Settings" is Changed to "Info Settings"

I believe that these are accurate but would appreciate any comments/corrections.

Thanks
mitchellwam,
Thanks for these comments. I've created an updated version (v1.01) of the spreadsheet. This incorporates the following changes:-
  1. A2 (AutoFocus) AF Set Home:- amended the Default values by adding AF Mode = S-AF, Target Group=All, and changing 'Zoom' to 'Home Position=Centre'.
  2. A2 (AutoFocus) AF Group Custom Settings:-
    Changed 'Zoom' to 'Position ↑↓' or 'Position ←→' as appropriate.
    Inserted 5 new rows at row 147 to specify 'Set 2' settings and default values.
  3. c) D1 (Display Content):- Changed the function title from 'Playback settings' to 'Playback / Info settings' to better reflect the feature.
I decided NOT to change the Dial & Lever function defaults in B (Button/Dial/Lever) as I think this makes the relevant cell contents overcomplex.

As previously, the updated spreadsheet can be downloaded from the OP.
Old 27th January 2017

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thanks Chris.

I've run across several requests for this type of spreadsheet from folks scattered around the world. Would you like me to direct them to your spreadsheet?

Or I can put it in a dropbox folder (with proper attribution) and keep the traffic off of your UK forum.

Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Thanks again
c12402 (24th February 2017)