Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 7th September 2008
Administrator

Liked 1,568 Times in 900 Posts
Back Ground - (nude)

The 3rd in this series, although I may go B&W on this. It's almost an original image with only a tiny crop rotation (no farming puns please)

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...
Old 7th September 2008

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts
Re: Back Ground - (nude)

Graham, I love these pictures, they are fabulous. I am not sure if you have answered this but did you have a model/studio for a session and how did you learn to take this kind of pic?
Old 7th September 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Very, very nice Graham... quite exceptional work here. I feel if this is part of a set you're getting ready for professional submission - you are well on the way here. You are very good at capturing the wonderful shape of the female form I have to say.

Super stuff... thanks for posting.

Old 7th September 2008

Liked 741 Times in 260 Posts

Hi Graham -

Thanks for a great series of pix - more to come one hopes as they are extremely well taken and presented.

Regards. Barr1e
Old 7th September 2008
gno

Hi Graham,

Love the warmth of this one in contrast to the blue theme.

Perhaps they should be viewed together!

Regards

Gavin
Old 7th September 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Graham,

I had to take the time to congratulate you on these excellent images. You must be absolutely delighted with the results, very impressive, most of all I love the moody lighting.

Superb

Chris
Old 7th September 2008
B.P.S Studios

Hi Graham,

This is a very fine attempt indeed. I love the skin tones and your choice of angle. It also shows a good understanding of lighting, however I do feel that the large shadows in the foreground are too dark, as a result you have lost some definition in that area. Perhaps lighting the shadows to bring back a small amount of detail to the upper part of the body would help balance the foreground with the rest of the image. Just my two cents worth.
Old 8th September 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,139 Times in 2,448 Posts
Liked 4,435 Times in 2,102 Posts

Usually I have no interest in this subject matter (from a photographic point of view), it simply leaves me cold.

However, this image and the two preceeding are different. I stand in awe and admiration and say, "Thank you," Graham, you have made me like a genre of photography to which I was previously indifferent.

Now I'm all excited about the next one ...... and eventually learning the nature of your project; does it have an "RPS" in it?

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau