Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 902 Times in 569 Posts
Re: Panasonic 100-400 or Olympus 300 pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It doesn't mean those lenses will not be repaired and re-sold. These will most likely be re-supplied to the market as 'refurbished' along with open box returns that are, otherwise in as-new condition. And they will have a warranty.

Personally, I have had great success in buying 'refurb' laptops, Dyson vacuum cleaners and other items and saved hundreds of pounds, some from the original manufacturer direct. I can't sayI regretted buying any of them.

On the other hand I am having a battle with HP over a 4 month old laptop bought brand new from them direct which has a cracked screen through no fault of my own, but that's a different story!

Ian
I have no doubt they will be repaired by Panasonic and returned to the retail market. The problem is, the guy with his 18 month old 100-400 lens that has developed a fault is faced with the only option of purchasing another lens at a slightly reduced price. At least Olympus provide chargeable repairs if only for a few years.

Maybe Panasonic's ethic is the way all manufacturers will go in the future.

John
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith-369 View Post
Quote:
I think I'll stick with my 75-300 until Olympus reveal the new 150-400 (or whatever it may be) then make my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What about using a teleconverter, are they any good?
As far as I am aware, unfortunately, the Olympus teleconverter only works with two of their lenses ... and the 75-300 isn't one of them.
Old 6 Days Ago

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post

On the other hand I am having a battle with HP over a 4 month old laptop bought brand new from them direct which has a cracked screen through no fault of my own, but that's a different story!

Ian
Good luck with the HP Ian. I bought a Dell XPS 15 five months ago from Currys PC World. Recently, a small dark mark appeared behind the LCD (not a dead pixel). I took it into the store on the Monday, and had it back from their Team Knowhow repair centre to the store on the Saturday with a new screen (and lid, combined unit)! Very happy, as I was always a bit wary of buying from them.

http://flickr.com/photos/bruce-clarke/
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ian (4 Days Ago)